What do you recomend for Chest Locking?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by RiddlingSkull, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RiddlingSkull

What do you guys use?

2. Offline

chaseoes

3. Offline

LaxWasHere

Deadbolt
    Lockette

4. Offline

tanveergt5

LWC can be quite heavy on ram usage on huge servers, So I switched to Lockette

5. Offline

np98765

Deadbolt.

6. Offline

firecopy

You should use LWC. The ram usage is a good trade off for LWC's player friendliness and lack of signs.

7. Lockette. The world is cluttered with signs, but there is no extra data kept in memory and no overhead on data lookup, no command use necessary, it is visible who has access (for most cases).

Drawbacks are of course that you have less control about number of chests, expiration times and similar things. If those are very important one might use something like LWC, or go for add-on plugins or custom solutions. I used a custom solution once, which allowed players with a certain rank/permission to break other players signs if those had not been online for the last three months (only for unprotected ground). The expiration issue can be somewhat complex, because on some servers you don't want to rely on the native player files, because they get deleted sometimes for some reason - so there you might need a custom solution querying some other data source, or have to change the concept completely.

np98765 likes this.
  8. Offline

Sushi

Deadbolt.

9. Offline

MikeA

I've been using LWC for over a year and a half now. The only thing I'd advise is to disable Magnet Chests as it causes lag spikes on large servers.

10. Offline

3DDarren

Lockette, doesn't lag for me

11. Offline

owenftw

I use lockette on my server. very lightweight and no worrys about a database

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.