Solved What could possibly be wrong with my permissions.yml?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by qaman6, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

qaman6

Is there anything wrong with it? The ranks are not functioning properly even though inheritance is set up properly... http://pastebin.com/UnHzUVX9

2. Offline

Dpasi314

Are you using a permissions plugin?

3. Offline

qaman6

PermissionsEX

4. Offline

Dpasi314

qaman6
    What exactly is the problem? Permissions are not working, or what?

5. Offline

qaman6

Well it seems that higher ranks are not inheriting permissions from the rank specified. I'd like higher ranks to have the lower ranks permissions. Also, Every rank besides Warden, And Senior warden are giving the error "Internal error" when trying to promote to those ranks with setrankpex. I assume that it's something wrong with the permissions file. I changed the inheritance of one group, now no groups are inheriting permissions, and I am unable to promote people to any groups.

Here's log: http://pastebin.com/FrHNmPNR

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  6. Offline

Dpasi314

From what I see your permissions look fine. Have you tried to manually promote users with PEX? Obviously, that plugin needs to be updated so it's probably not correctly assign permissions.

7. Offline

qaman6

1) I did update it, but am using an older version (1 build older) to see if it was that version. And when I try to promote with pex, even through the console, it says I don't have permission. Also, how would add the groups I have to a ladder so I can use /pex promote?

8. Offline

Dpasi314

Well first off, you need to give your self the permission: permissions.* so that you can use PEX in game. Secondly look at this page it explains how the Permissions Hierarchy works.

9. Offline

qaman6

10. Offline

Dpasi314

What version of PEX and CraftBukkit are you using?

11. Offline

qaman6

12. Offline

Dpasi314

I suggest you file a ticket with the PermissionsEx developers and the Promotion plugin that you're using.

13. Offline

qaman6

Okay, will do. But when adding

options:
    or however, the lowest possible rank is 1,000? Or 1?
    And the highest possible rank?

14. Offline

Dpasi314

Traditionally, the lower number will take priority. However, in some cases it's reverse and the high number will take priority. In PEX I believe that that 1 will take priority over 1,000. Yeah, that page says I'm right.

15. Offline

qaman6

16. Offline

Dpasi314

Sure thing!

17. Offline

qaman6

A fix to this error: I reinstalled both plugins, and completely re-wrote my permissions.yaml

-Thank you again dpasi314 for your effort.

18. Offline

Dpasi314

Sure thing, glad it's working for you! If you have an issue again with PEX be sure to look at my tutorial in my signature or looking at the PermissionsEX page on gitHub.

19. Offline

Jordon Hodge

I get this error?
    2013-07-25 00:18] Error occurred with PermissionsEx! Please post it to <html>
    [2013-07-25 00:18] <body bgcolor="white">
    [2013-07-25 00:18] <head><title>414 Request-URI Too Large</title></head>
    [2013-07-25 00:18] <center><h1>414 Request-URI Too Large</h1></center>
    [2013-07-25 00:18] </body>
    [2013-07-25 00:18] <hr><center>nginx</center>
    [2013-07-25 00:18] </html>
    [2013-07-25 00:18] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error loading permissions file
    Anyone Help?

20. Offline

gamalamin1

Uh....that's just html, there's no links in the code.
    Also, the code isn't even done in the first place, there's some unfinished tags as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.