What are the lines in Server.properties and commands

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Ketrel, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ketrel

I've searched all over the wiki and can't find anything.

With a fresh craftbukkit with no plugins, what are all the commands and lines recognized in server.properties

(If I missed a page and it's covered somewhere a link to that is fine)

2. Offline

MikeA

The only 'lines' that the server.properties reads are what's generated in it by default. I don't understand what your saying though either...

3. Offline

Yudaz

ehm.. You mean that you are not having a properties file.... I think thats named just "server" now..... So open that and you find the properties! ;)

4. Offline

Ketrel

No I'm asking the following questions

-Are there any directives that can be defined in server.properties that Vanilla server does not have, if so what are they.
    -On default install of Craftbukkit with no plugins, what are all the commands available?

5. Offline

TBK

1. No
    2. The only commands in CraftBukkit are the built in server commands, some of them can also be used by OP in-game. "op <name>", start, close, restart, reload, help... - http://wiki.bukkit.org/CraftBukkit_commands

6. Offline

Ketrel

I've since started using Bukkit, and oddly enough, my first question WAS a yes.
    There ARE additional directives for server.properties that Vanilla Mincraft server's don't have.

(spawn-protection is one of them)

7. Offline

TnT

Its been forever since I've ran a blank vanilla server, but I *think* spawn-protection is the only one.

Some plugins may also add a line in there for configuration, but the best practices are for plugins to use their own config file. My server.properties file has a couple plugin specific values in there, so I can't quickly confirm.

@Yudaz No, its still called server.properties. Windows has file extensions turned off by default, so you just cannot see the extension is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.