Inactive [WGEN] Planetoids v1.2.5 - Generates a world full of planets [1.2.3 R0.2] [MOVED TO BUKKITDEV]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Canis85, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Canis85

Planetoids - Generates a world full of planets:
    Version: v1.2.5

THIS HAS BEEN MOVED HERE, ON BUKKITDEV.

Show Spoiler
    Planetoids creates a new world (called "Planetoids", if you fail to make a settings file) that uses my custom generator class to create a world full of "planets", which are spherical objects of varying size that have a "shell" of one block type, and a "core" of another.

I got the idea from the Planetoids Map Generator, but I have no affiliation with the author of that tool.

NOTE: If you're updating from 1.2.1, you'll have to rename your settings.yml to config.yml due to a change in how Bukkit does config loading.

Features:
    • Configurable core and shell blocks, with percentage chance
    • Floor, with configurable block type and height
    • Optional single-block bedrock floor below that
    • Lock it to nighttime only
    • Disable weather, monsters, animals
    Download Planetoids (zip)
    Download Planetoids (jar only)
    Source Code

A default config is created if you don't make one and don't use the zip, inside plugins/Planetoids. If you want to customize it before the spawn area generates (highly recommended), use this template (updated for 1.1.0's yml):
    Sample Config

Notes:
    • The only command is /pltp, which can be disabled in the settings file. When you use it it teleports you to the Planetoid world, at the spawn location. I suggest disabling it and using other multiworld plugins to do the actual teleporting and moving between worlds
    • The first time you launch CraftBukkit with this plugin, it will take a decent amount of time to create the spawn area, thanks to the lighting calculations
    • Regarding Density: If you're planning to use a teleport/flying plugin to hop from planet to planet, you'll need a lower density so that the generator can keep up (<1000). If you plan on restricting your players and making them build their way from planet to planet, you'll want a higher density (>5000) so they don't have to build so far to get to the next planetoid (this is assuming default planetoid sizes)
    • Spawn point is on a hard-coded planetoid that generates with a leaf shell and a log core. So even if you don't have leaf/log in your settings file, the spawn planet will always be this, so that players have something to start building with (in testing I started on obsidian planets sometimes...)
    • If you changed the config but you're still getting (or not getting) shell/core types that you've removed/added, remember that you have to move into a new "system" (or delete the files in /plugins/Planetoids/Systems and delete the world) to see the new types. Each "system" is 50x50 chunks, so you should see new planetoids at x or z = +/-800 (and 1600, and so on)
    • Make sure you leave at least one core type that doesn't generate heat (burning_furnace, fire, glowstone, jack_o_lantern, stationary_lava, lava). The generator has some internal logic to help prevent stuff like a wood shell with a lava core, and the generator code will freeze if it can't find an alternate core
    Known Issues:

See the Github issue tracker. If you find a bug, please submit it there!

NOTE: If you're looking for something more "space-y", check out StyxSpace. I've worked with the author of that plugin, and I integrated the generation code from this plugin (v1.1.0) into it. I will still continue to maintain Planetoids, because Planetoids is meant more to be a fun way to mine for resources than a "space world".

Planned Features:
    Version 1.3.0
    • Set core size based on core type
    • Suggestions?
    Changelog:
    Version 1.2.5
    • Bug fix: Monsters were sometimes spawning even when disableMonsters was set to true, this should not happen anymore.
    Version 1.2.4
    • Bug fix: bedrock floor will no longer show up with floorHeight > 0 unless bedrock is set to true in the config.
    Version 1.2.3
    • Updated /pltp command to send you to the spawnpoint of World 0 (which is usually the main world) when you're in the Planetoids world.
    Version 1.2.2
    • Updated for Minecraft 1.2.3
    Version 1.2.1
    • Lowered system size from 100x100 chunks to 50x50 chunks
    • Lowered default density to 750 to match new system size
    • Confirmed works in Minecraft Beta 1.7.2
    Version 1.2.0
    • Fixed bug where sometimes chunks at borders between systems would be empty
    • Lowered default density from 15000 to 2000. This should speed up the generator for those of you flying around ;)
    • Changed the way cores are generated so they're more round
    • Added option to disable monsters and/or animals in the Planetoids world
    Version 1.1.0
    • Config now uses yml and is easier to read
    • Generated "systems" are saved so changes to config/code won't mess up existing world
    • Probably last release before integration into StyxSpace UPDATE: I will continue to maintain Planetoids outside of StyxSpace
    Version 1.0.1
    • Fixed bug when using custom world name
    Version 1.0.0
    • Release

2. Offline

Canis85

Looks like that was it, I must have been using an old version of CB. Anyway, I tested the build and it works fine for me (I'm not using any other plugins). I'll update the first post.

Hmm, are you using any other plugins? I tried that conversation link and I get a 404 from Bukkit.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  3. Offline

Royalgamer06

Invited you, check it out.

4. Offline

Canis85

Version 1.2.3 is here. Any of you who don't feel like using another plugin to move yourselves in and out of the Planetoids world, you will now return to the World 0 spawn point when you use /pltp while IN the Planetoids world.

Fixed the bedrock floor bug from awhile back. Bedrock floor no longer shows up when floorHeight > 0 unless bedrock is set to true in the config. Keep in mind liquid floors are a BAD idea when you don't have the bedrock floor, you'll get a LOT of lag.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Canis85

6. Offline

ahorner

I am also having this problem.
    Code:
    Plugins: NoEntityGrief, LagMeter, StopLava, SafeFire, WorldEdit, ChatCo, Buycraft, BetterShop, Vault, PermissionsEx, BanHammer, ServerSave, MCDocs, ModTRS, iConomy, MachinaCore, MachinaFactory, Permissions, AuthDB, HoverPad, BKCommonLib, MachinaPump, MachinaBuilder, NoLaggChunks, FoundDiamonds, AutoAnnouncer, NoLaggLighting, NoLaggItemBuffer, MachinaDrill, NoLaggTNT, ChatManager, AdminCmd, NoLaggItemStacker, dynmap, NoLaggMonitor, NoLaggExamine, HawkEye, NoLagg, Factions

7. Offline

Royalgamer06

invited you in our conversation...

maybe you can better use a spoiler in stead of strike!

8. Offline

Canis85

As of right now I have unsubscribed to updates on this thread. Please go to the painfully obvious Bukkitdev page if you want the latest and greatest.