[Weird] A display error in IntelliJ?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Cheesepro, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cheesepro

This error only occours when I use IntelliJ as a IDE, and when I export it, everything just works fine. Oh and this error does not exist in Eclipse... So if you know where I got wrong, please help :D
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

Skionz

Cheesepro Solution: Use eclipse :p
    I have never used IntelliJ before so I have no idea but does it tell you what the error is when you hover over it or something like when using eclipse?

3. Offline

pookeythekid

Cheesepro It's unlikely if you know how to use that method (or know how to use methods in general), and I may seem like Captain Obvious here, but it appears the program doesn't like your method arguments. Did you check to see if they're correct?

Otherwise, what Skionz said: just use Eclipse instead. :p

Rocoty likes this.
  4. Offline

mythbusterma

Cheesepro Skionz pookeythekid

Certainly the solution is to not use a clunky, inferior IDE.

The solution here is to put an @Override annotation on your method, annotations are very important, and while it won't stop compiling, it will help you tremendously. Pressing alt + enter on the offending code would've brought up a dialogue to handle this.

pookeythekid and Skionz like this.
  5. Cheesepro Why does it go debug2 then debug10? Where is 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9? Sorry but I am ocd and that annoys me.

Skionz likes this.
  6. Offline

Rocoty

It would help if you hovered over the error to reveal what it actually says. Trying to fix something without knowing what's wrong is no good, and I find it worrying how many people here just blindly suggest right and left without enough information to actually figure out the problem.

The error message should tell you all you need to know. I don't know, but given the fact that all the method arguments are underlined, you probably have an illegal argument somewhere. Is this by any chance NOT in your main class?

AdamQpzm and Cheesepro like this.
  7. Offline

Cheesepro

Rocoty
    Thanks... what was I thinking... you are right, I am not in the Main class and I am using "this"...

Rocoty likes this.
  8. Offline

es359

Cheesepro There are many features in IntelliJ that assist with debugging. You should use this as well:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.