Solved Weeds appearing on grass

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by RiotShielder, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RiotShielder

No idea what is going on, but a few days ago there has been a bunch of grass growing in my spawn, I mean the weeds, not the dirt -> grass conversion. I have world edited the entire spawn to be rid of grass, when I come back an hour later it is back, I do not know why this is happening, I suspected manysmalltweaks and craftbook, but neither contain options for it, there are no errors in the logs, and I really have no plugins that could interfere with this, anyone know why this may be happening?

It did not happen until after I installed replaced LogBlock with HawkEye, not sure if that is a problem?

Stuffs:
    Build: 1.3.2 RB 1.0
    Plugins that are relevent: Multiverse-Core, Craftbook suite, ManySmallTweaks, Essentials, HawkEye
    Those are the only plugins that I have added or changed before the grass started to appear

Thanks for the help!

This is starting to become urgent, the weeds are destroying fences, stairs, and slabs, even the block logs do not show that it is changing from fence to weeds[​IMG]I am starting to think it might be related to worldguard because this is not happening anywhere but my spawn region.

Found out that it is happening in more than just spawn

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

TnT

This is definitely a result of a plugin. Have you tried to remove any to see which one may be causing this issue?

3. Offline

midnightfang22

Plugin list...? Never heard of a plugin to do this...

4. Offline

RiotShielder

I have started to remove plugins, but it's a bit harder to test because it appears after 20-30 min, not just starting the server, thanks for the help, and I listed what I felt were the relevent plugins, the rest are all unrelated to blocks, I will tell you when/if I find the culprit

This is way too hard to track, I have been trying for an hour and have no progress...
    3 hours later, and I have little to show, I have been able to group my plugins into 2 groups, safe and maybe causing it, it is about 50-50

Okay this is making no sense, I divided the plugins into 2 groups, A and B, when I used A no grass was spawning in a cleared area, when I used set B grass was spawning, so I divided group B into 3 parts, B1 B2 and B3, at first B1 had no signs of spawning, then B2 had no signs, and B3 had no signs, then B1 had signs, I re-tested and it did not show any signs, I then tried group B as a whole and it is not spawning any more, so this is making NO sense to me, how am I suppose to test this if I have no consistency?

Edit: I think it might be 2 plugins causing this bug, that is the only thing that makes sense at the moment, 2 plugins might be interfering with each other and causing this, really hard to tell because I have 67 plugins -_-

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Necrodoom

what plugins you have divided into each group? the plugin causing problem might have a dependency you removed.

6. Offline

RiotShielder

Well considering group "A" had no problems, I will only tell you group B1 and B2

WorldEdit was a constant in BOTH groups, this was so I could remove weeds to test if any more appeared

B1: Seems to cause the problem
    War
    MCBans
    iConomy
    Dynmap
    bPErmissions
    WorldGuard
    WorldBorder
    WhatIsIt
    Votifier
    Vault
    VanishNoPacket
    TreasureHunt
    Towny
    Stargate
    Spout
    SimpleRegionMarket
    SimpleHelpTickets
    Register
    Quests
    Questioner
    QAnnouncer
    PopulationDensity
    PlotMe

B2: Seems to be safe
    Orebfuscator
    NoCheatPlus
    Multiverse Portals
    Multiverse Inventories
    Multiverse Core
    MobHealth
    MobArena
    Minequery
    ManySmallTweaks
    MailBox
    BukkitCompat

And group A, just incase:
    Assassins
    AutoItemBarReload
    Backup
    BeardStat
    BukkitSpeak
    ChestShop
    Citizens
    Community Bridge
    CraftbookCommon
    CraftbookCircuits
    CraftbookMechanisms
    CraftbookVehicles
    CraftBukkitUpToDate
    CraftIRC
    Craftipedia
    Dynmap HeroChat
    Dynmap Towny
    Dynmap IRC
    Dynmap PlotMe
    Essentials
    EssentialsGeoIP
    EssentialsSpawn
    Grapple
    HawkEye
    Herochat
    Heroes
    Honeypot
    LWC
    LagMeter
    Lottery

7. Offline

MyPictures

That side effect is horrible, a developer must have failed really bad but I have no idea which plugin could cause this because you have so much installed...

Do you have a error log or something?

8. Offline

RiotShielder

Nope, I have 0 errors in my log, I really am getting frustrated with this, my spawn looks ugly with all those weeds, maybe this will help, but the grass seems to spawn in spheres, like 2D spheres on the grass

The only plugins that could cause this I think are the following..

War
    WorldGuard
    TreasureHunt
    Towny
    Spout
    PopulationDensity
    PlotMe
    Orebfuscator
    Multiverse Core
    MobArena
    ManySmallTweaks
    CraftbookCommon
    CraftbookMechanisms
    HawkEye
    Honeypot
    LWC

9. Try Craftbook or ManySmallTweaks, they sound like the cause

10. Offline

RiotShielder

I did, still happened. Those were my first suspects

11. Try War and TreasureHunt

EDIT: Also try PlotMe and Towny, one of them has regeneration features which could be the problem.

12. Offline

RiotShielder

The hardest thing about this is testing it, it will either be immediate or delayed (Several hours), it is hard to test because of that, I will try those, but PlotMe is not enabled in the main world so I doubt that is the cause, thanks for the help man

13. Offline

tmac_kb24

RiotShield

Population density is the causing of this. Remove that and you will be good to go :)

RiotShield likes this.
  14. Offline

RiotShielder

I think it was happening before I put PD on.. I will try this, thanks tmac :D

15. Offline

tmac_kb24

Here to help! Let us know if that's it :)

RiotShield likes this.
  16. Offline

RiotShielder

Seems like that was it, I will report back if it happens again, is there an option to disable this or is it a bug in the plugin?

17. Offline

tmac_kb24

I am not sure. I haven't had PopulationDensity on my server for a while now. Try looking through the config file :)

RiotShield likes this.
  18. Offline

RiotShielder

Ironically now, I have no natural weeds at spawn, making it look barren, if only there was a plugin to make natural looking weeds :p

19. Offline

tmac_kb24

What I do is get some bonemeal and make grass and some flowers spawn in a couple places. Making it look natural

RiotShield likes this.
  20. Offline

RiotShielder

My spawn is 150x150, I would have to cover 300 blocks, probably just gonna get some grass and place it in the areas I have built, oh well. Anyway, thanks so much for the help, 5 hours of testing just to find out it was that stupid plugin :p

21. Offline

tmac_kb24

Always happy to help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.