{WEB}{GroupManager and PermissionsEx} An online permissions editor

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by jdf2, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jdf2

I update my PMC post more often then this post. All links on this post should still work.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Beta info:
    Just go to the website and test around. If you find a bug or have a suggestion for anything please post below or Skype me: jdf221.​
    Current Bugs:
    • None yet!
    Thanks/Credit:
    • TreeDB for some help/suggestions
    • AwesomeMin3r2000 Major help with the MySQL end. (Not in beta but its coming soon.)
    • Koslaw
    • Any others I forgot: you know who you are. So feel free to Skype me and say I forgot you.
      Thanks so much to all of you!

2. Offline

uvbeenzaned

This is looking awesome! Keep it up. We need something like this.[diamond]

3. Offline

jdf2

Glad you like it!

Update video uploading: [​IMG]

New video:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

uvbeenzaned

Is it possible I can get a test package without skyping?

5. Offline

jdf2

Yeah sure. I will message you about it on here...

6. Offline

jdf2

7. Offline

jdf2

Now when setting a suffix/prefix you can click on color codes to use. (They will be added to the text box!)
    [​IMG] (Also a preview of the text next to it)

Public Beta has been released:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Beta info:
    Just go to the website and test around. If you find a bug or have a suggestion for anything please post below or Skype me: jdf221.​
    Current Bugs:
    • None yet!
    Thanks/Credit:
    • TreeDB for some help/suggestions
    • AwesomeMin3r2000 Major help with the MySQL end. (Not in beta but its coming soon.)
    • Koslaw
    • Any others I forgot: you know who you are. So feel free to Skype me and say I forgot you.
      Thanks so much to all of you!
    Until the MySQL part is implemented some plugins will not work. If you upload a plugin and it doesn't add all of its permissions tell me. It's because that plugin developer doesn't use the plugin.yml like others do.​
    The site is gonna be a bit slow until I can move it over to its own payed host. This is highly dependant on yoru internet spped as it makes calls back to the server alot. When you see the loading symbol by your mouse wait...​

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  8. Offline

jdf2

You can now download the session data in a .json file. (<date>.pexoeData.json is the file name)
    This will allow you to either move the data to a new computer or keep a back up incase the session resets. (Session will reset after 48 hours of inactivity.)
    It has the entire PEXOE session. Including all plugin permissions uploaded.

You can then upload it.

9. Offline

jdf2

10. Offline

jdf2

• July 13, 2014 - Fixed the bug where Inheritance didn't update when switching groups
    • July 13, 2014 - Fixed the bug where you can't remove inheritance.

11. Offline

Chiller

jdf2 The main interface doesn't look the best... You have buttons all over the place and square text boxes with round buttons and nothing lines up...

12. Offline

jdf2

Chiller You're the only one who has said that.
    It lines up to me. (http://i.edudek.org/4754-7hpr8.png , Unless I just don't understand what you mean by "lines up") It all depends on your browser window size.
    The 2 text boxes in the middle don't have rounded corners do to the way the Select2 jQuery plugin works. I am working on a way to do it.

There are only 4 buttons when you first load it.

So either I don't understand what you mean or it looks bad in your browser/browser size.

EDIT: Or I just have bad taste in design... Which is completely possible.

13. Offline

jdf2

Update!
    You can now upload your permissions.yml and it will read it. You can then edit it using the web interface!
    Note: The permissions.yml must be in the new PermissionsEx file format.

To upload your permissions.yml click the upload button right next to the download button.

14. Offline

jdf2

• June 24, 2014 - I'm sorry but GroupManager support will never --- Um no! It's here!! PEXOE now supports GroupManager! Remember PEXOE is still in beta. And consider GroupManager support to be in double beta. Expect YAML syntax errors. If you find one report it to me. Some stuff might not even get added to the file. Report anything to me. Don't worry about bothering me you wont.

15. Offline

jdf2

Did you know you can switch between GroupManager and PermissionsEx anytime and keep all your groups and everything you've done!

Some updates:
    • You can now batch add groups. Separate your groups with a comma when adding them and it will add all of them.
    • Fixed a bug where the BukkitDev search and Multi-plugin upload box was very small.
    • Added notification if Javascript is disabled. (Because it is needed)
    • Made it so the permissions.yml upload could read the older PermissionsEx files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.