Question Way to paste non-floating blocks in WorldEdit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Orchface, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Orchface

When I use worldedit's fill function to create blocks in the air, floating blocks (e.g. stone, obsidian, etc.) are loaded as expected. However, non-floating blocks (e.g. fire, snow layer) simply load in as air. Is there any way to force WorldEdit to ignore block updates and paste in non-floating blocks?

For example, if I am hovering in midair and I do the command //fill fire 10, is there a way to get anything besides air? (placing temporary or filler blocks under the fire is not an option)

Any help is appreciated

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Orchface Fire always has a burning block attached to it, it is never floating.

3. Offline

Orchface

I am aware that (under normal circumstances) fire cannot float by itself. However, using World#getBlockAt()#setType() I am able to have fire floating in the air with no block beneath.

I am looking for a solution either through ingame commands or through the WorldEdit API. The documentation does not address this problem directly (and I don't want to use brute force setBlock() either, I want everything to go through WorldEdit).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.