Wanting to get started (some questions)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Alton Toth, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Alton Toth

I've done some snooping around, Watched the two tutorial videos, and am currently fiddling around with Eclipse a little bit. I have experience with C++, PHP, and Basic, although Java is mostly new to me (I'm willing to learn).

What I'm basically after is the ability to set unique id's on switches, etc, and then to be able to read the state changes (someone pushes a button, flips a switch, whatever) on specific items (not just _A_ button, _A_ switch, etc), for use inside and outside the server environment (logging). I've tried hunting around, but can't seem to find anything. I checked out LWC, looking through the SQLite file, and discovering it's only saving the chest coordinates (then looking them up on access I assume). I don't really know if I can / should try decompiling other people's projects, but I'd love to figure this out.

Another question...I can't seem to find pressure plates anywhere in the bukkit files. Help?

I'm pretty sure that as I progress I'll end up asking quite a few questions. In advance, I'd just like to say thank you, and sorry, all at once! Once I finish though I hope I can share my plugin!

Cheers,
    Alton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.