Want to take over my plugin(s)?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by BillyGalbreath, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BillyGalbreath

Not sure if this is an appropriate place or not. Trying to reach out to other developers. If not proper spot please feel free to relocate.

Ok, point blank. I'm out of free time. I cannot continue to work on my plugins for future CB versions. So, I'm looking for well qualified developers to take over the plugins they can handle.

On June 1st, any plugins not taken over by someone else I will mark as abandoned.

See my signature for links to the projects, and their sources.

I will accept replies to this thread only. All PMs will be ignored. All requests on the projects' comments will also be ignored. These are public plugins (GPLv3) and they must remain that way, and thus I would like all discussions about them made public as well.

I am handing everything over. The project will be yours to do with as you please. I know you can do this just by forking, but what I'm offering here is the userbase and the bukkitdev project rights as well.

If at any time in the future you feel you cant continue my work I ask that you continue to pass the project(s) along, keeping them alive.

Take as many or as few as you like. I dont plan to dump all 30 projects into one person's lap. Pick the one(s) you are interested in and you think you are up to continuing.

I cannot help much in explaining the projects, so please use your best judgement when asking to take on the task. Most of the projects are rather simple, however.

List of plugins (sorted by difficulty [1-5]):
    PermanentEffects (1)
    ExpRestore (1)
    ItemframeRotation (1)
    Pl3xPets (1)
    NoDropsForYou (1)
    BroadcastCoords (1)
    Pl3xSmite (1)
    Pl3xMobLimiter (1)
    Pl3xBackpacks (2)
    ShutdownNotice (2)
    Pl3xConsoleFilter (2)
    Pl3xMOTD (2)
    RegionPerms (2)
    PushBlock (2)
    ExpRanks (2)
    Pl3xPager (2)
    Pl3xSpawn (2)
    Pl3xLamps (2) [needs rewrite, lag bug]
    Pl3xJail (2)
    Pl3xAnvilRepairs (3)
    Pl3xSigns (3)
    Pl3xRecipes (3)
    Pl3xChat (3)
    Pl3xGates (4)
    Pl3xNPC (5)
    Pl3xCities (5) [beta, needs rewrite]

The floor is now open for discussions.

2. Offline

GaaTavares

I think this is the wrong area. Unfortunately I don't have enough time for that, but I'm sure someone will be completely free for that. Good Luck :]

3. Offline

BillyGalbreath

You dont have to take them all. One is enough to help me out. If you find one that you like and think you can handle, I'll give full rights on bukkitdev and you get the userbase I already picked up (beats just forking into a new project name).

4. Offline

Heirteir

BillyGalbreath
    So it's kinda like first come first server what's the process to take over your plugins?

5. Offline

tcvs

BillyGalbreath
    So I am willing to take over Pl3xNPC and PermanentEffects. If that is still up for grabs :)

6. Offline

AzureDev

ever_x likes this.
  7. Offline

RawCode

post source and abandon plugins, anyone who want something similar will have chance to reimplement based of your sources.

8. Offline

ever_x

BillyGalbreath When I get home I'll take a look at NoDropsForYou, looks relatively simple to update. I might be willing to take it over :)

9. Offline

SuppaTim

BillyGalbreath
    If needed I can take over these:
    • ShutdownNotice
    • PlexMOTD
    • ExpRanks
    • ExpRestore
    • NoDropsForYou
    • BroadcastCoords

10. Offline

bradthom2001

im willing to take over the NoDropsForYou plugin.

11. Offline

ever_x

OK, how does one go about acquiring permission to take over a plugin?

12. Offline

ampayne2

BillyGalbreath I'd like to maintain RegionPerms and PushBlock :)
    I have some ideas for RegionPerms, and PushBlock is pretty cool.

13. Offline

Gater12

ever_x
    Just Tahg him and he'll hand over the project to you (Marking you as the Maintainer on the project)

14. Offline

badboysteee98

BillyGalbreath I'd like to take over these plugin as I have some nice ideas to add on to them also free time to do so. I love these plugins and I use them on my own server

Pl3xAnvilRepairs - I'd like to be adding a Item Currency to this plugin as it could be another form of repairing without Exp or Money

Shitdown Notice - I have a few ideas for this such as
    • Changing the MOTD when loading back up and once loaded back to the original
    • A Custom Kick Message that is can be custom through the Config
    • Add a scheduler for a Server Restart so it keeps the Server fresh

15. Offline

ever_x

BillyGalbreath I would like to take over NoDropsForYou. I think I can extend the very simple nature and provide many more features without breaking the simplicity.
    Also, I would formally like to take over Plex Signs, spawn, lamps and backpacks, if that would be possible. Thank you sir for this opportunity, and do have a wonderful retirement from free time :)

16. BillyGalbreath I like the sound of these 3, I'd like to take them if you don't mind:

• Pl3xSigns
    • Pl3xSmite
    • Pl3xLamps

17. Offline

e1kfws7

18. Offline

BillyGalbreath

AzureDev Pl3xBackpacks (SimpleBackpacks) is now yours.

tcvs I transfered both projects to the Tcvs account before realizing thats not your account on bukkitdev. I'm trying to get staff assistance in fixing my mess up.

@ Everyone else, I'll transfer more projects later today/tonight.

19. Offline

AzureDev

20. Offline

MOMOTHEREAL

I would like to take Pl3xPager maybe? Thanks

21. Offline

GalaxyPrisonMc

Il take plex chat

22. Offline

Europia79

BillyGalbreath
    This is where all the developers hang out. I think it's the appropriate venue, and your best chance to find other developers.

i vote for badboysteee98 since he has ideas and time for new features.

Looks like you have some really cool plugins. Good luck on finding devs! And thanks for sharing them!

badboysteee98 likes this.
  23. Offline

tcvs

BillyGalbreath o ya should have told you

Edit: I have fixed it that was my old account I guess was able to change it. Also how do you want the point system to be rewarded? 100% to you or 50% to both of us?

24. Offline

1Rogue

25. Offline

BillyGalbreath

Thats lucky, cause the reply I got from staff was less than helpful lol.

About the points, it your plugins now. You can do whatever you like (although it would still be cool to get some points too :p )

26. Offline

tcvs

BillyGalbreath well good thing I remembered my old account. What did the staff say?

27. Offline

BillyGalbreath

That i had to contact the account i transfered to and ask for them to transfer it back. I've never came across anyone willing to do that in the past, so i was worried the projects were lost :S

I'll be transfering more projects tonight. I'm doing everything from my phone while at work, so things are taking longer then they normally should.

Also, I see alot of you requesting projects but you have no BukkitDev accounts and no prior public plugin history.

Due to the nature of my projects being publicly open, I will not be transfering to anyone without a BukkutDev account. Its a bonus if you already have public projects for me to look at.

I'll also add a list of the remaining projects to my first post, along with a difficulty rating.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  28. BillyGalbreath

I am Willing To Take All Of Them

Of Course If You Allow Me
    I Have Lots Of Free Time :D

AoH_Ruthless likes this.
  29. Offline

Glumpz

If you still require assistance feel free to send me a private message. I have plenty of free time to use on your plugins.

30. Offline

tcvs

BillyGalbreath Do you have a github repository or a source I can get or do I just need to extract if from the jar?(Pl3xNPC and PermanentEffects)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.