Development Assistance WalkingDead(NEW and revised)

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by XgXXSnipz, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

XgXXSnipz

Hey guys, I HAVE a REALLY good idea, but im gonna need a few more devs(like 6) to help me because this is huge but it will be EPIC.

THE IDEA:

Walking Dead game, but like no other. Basically its a custom generated world(or downloaded one :D) and it has tons of citys, towns, sewers etc. but its not like you think basically you can create a "group" and you can get tons of supplies, like guns, ammo, food, med packs, armor, cars, and more(sounds like a GTA server but it gets different)

GUNS:
    Guns: AK-47, M4A1, AR15(assault rifles, carries 30 ammo in a clip), L115a3, JNG-90(sniper rifles carries 10 ammo in clip) Saiga 12, m104(shot guns carries 5 in clip) we can always add more guns later, Glock 18, Rugar lc9(pistols, carries 15 clip) RPG(Rocket launcher, carries 1 in clip)
    Mechanics:
    There are a lot of zombies EVERYWHERE, hostile mobs dont spawn except zombies there are a lot of mechanics
    When you throw a grenade the blocks go everywhere
    You also need water(represented by XP) it starts out at 10 then goes down to 0 once it gets to 0 the player gets slower then he gets nausea(dehydration) then he cant see and cant move and then starts to die, drink a water bottle to go up .5(2 water bottles go is equal to 1)
    Houses, once you find something you would like to declare as shelter you can stand in a spot and do /wd shelter and then it claims it but it doesn't take anything like power it can be stolen at anytime and you cant set your home there so be aware of not being lost
    Drop zones, Message displayed("The last unit of National Guard has dropped some supplies for the survivors, location; x,y,z) and in the chest has up to 8 items and its all configurable in a config
    Zombies work on a cool way, they eat more than just people, a zombie eats things like, cows,horses,players, and chickens, so it would be logical not to have any of those near your base as the zombies get closer and closer to the nearest entity for food
    Sound: When you fire a gun zombies come closer and closer until they find you after 5 mins if they don't find you they get tp'd back 100 blocks
    Turning: This is the FUN part, when a player dies he doesn't respawn in the way you think: Most people hate dieing in factions or GTA because you lose EVERYTHING, well when a player dies he cant move, he goes blind and he hears a zombie sound and after 30 seconds he turns, he can move but he is slower and he has nothing he cant pick anything up but his fist damage is 6 and he also must eat, just go up to a cow, chicken, or horse and right click and the entity dies and then the hunger files up by 4, now if a player dies without getting killed by a zombie he dies but he is extremely slow and then he slowly turns as well
    BREAKING BODY PARTS: When a person falls by at least 5 blocks he breaks his legs and he cant move as fast when he falls again he breaks both legs and then he can barley move, he can break a arm by getting hit with a sword or a zombie and this can be healed by taking a med pack and bandaging it up and slowly healing it
    CARS: Cars are minecarts the work just like most GTA servers, they go where you are looking at, it attracts zombies and it can run out of gas and can be refilled by shift+right clicking it
    Raiding/loot: When you find a chest you click it and it will give you random items... simple now if the chest was put down by someone then you can click it and raid the stuff
    Gun mechanics: A gun shoots a firework going straight, snipers go up to 200 blocks, Assault rifles go up to 90 shotguns go up to 20 and a pistol goes up to 10 and a rpg goes up to 50
    GROUPS:
    Groups are made by /wd group <create> and that doesnt really do much but to be able to set a truce and have them in your group(works similar to factions) you cant set a group base, you cant tp to a group member its really just to know someone wont kill you

Trading:
    Trading is quite easy, when you find another survivor and they dont shoot you on sight :D you can go up to them and shift+right click them and it will send them a message saying <player> wants to trade with you agree? then all they do is click them and it opens up a gui they both put items in then and click the green wool if both people click it then the items are traded
    Chatting:
    The chat is kept in side the world and is cleared every 5 mins
    PVP:
    You can bleed out, so say I got in a gun fight got hit like 2 times from a pistol I start losing blood(this also attracts zombies) I have to bandage that up within 17 mins before I die and turn
    Last thing, is handcuffs and flash lights these are two things you can find and only find in a jail that spawns in once in every biome, flash light is a torch where you right click and you get night vision forever until you click again and it turns off, hand cuffs you right click someone and they cant move but they are stuck on a lead and they follow you
    Lets get working

GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. Offline

XgXXSnipz

LOL... no one?

3. Offline

XgXXSnipz

Bumpidy bump

4. Offline

Blkscorpion2

Sounds interesting... sure would take a lot of time to set up. Good luck with it.

5. Offline

XgXXSnipz

Blkscorpion2 you got my hopes up, I thought someone would help me

6. Offline

Blkscorpion2

Sorry, I'm not too " development inclined" I could test it of you ever get to off the ground.

7. Offline

XgXXSnipz

8. Offline

xepisolonxx

XgXXSnipz You should atleast start with it most of it is pretty ez

9. Offline

XgXXSnipz

10. Offline

LordDarthBob

XgXXSnipz
    If you're coding this yourself, most of the guns seem to be possible in Crackshot. It might make the process a bit easier.

11. Offline

XgXXSnipz

12. Offline

reider45

Yes it doesn't look to rough, but if I were you I'd organize the post with bulletpoints, spacing, bold, etc. It just hurts my eyes to try and read through it ;_;

13. Offline

CadillacClobber

But would the player ever become a survivor? Or is it 1 death and when the person joins the server again he is still just a zombie.

14. Offline

XgXXSnipz

@CadillacClobber First death then he's a zombie forever, IDK maybe I could add in something like a cure or something to become a player

15. Offline

Laxer21117

So.. the group as in making a faction or squad? Also maybe instead of him becoming a zombie forever when they die 10 more zombies spawn on the map?

16. Offline

XgXXSnipz

@Laxer21117 they can make a group/squad, and can share supplies VIA GUI but they can still kill each other and they cant do a teleport system also good idea I still want them to become zombies though

17. Offline

Laxer21117

@XgXXSnipz Okay. So does the zombie expire after a few days? or is it forever? Also is this based around a whole server? or just a minigame that has a time limit? Also I guess I am interested in helping with this project. Is this going on bukkit dev?

18. Offline

XgXXSnipz

19. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Locked on request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.