Waiting on Project status

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Flobi, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Flobi

2. Offline

Superkabii

As far as I know you can't upload public files while a project is still in the alpha stage. The alpha stage isn't meant for any real file distribution, you'd probably want to change it if you're at this point.

Assuming you're at the point to upload of course. You shouldn't be distributing incomplete projects anyways, hence the limitation.

3. Offline

Flobi

That doesn't make any sense. Why is there an "experimental" state if not for this purpose. Why have a selection for the file type if only full-release files are supposed to be uploaded? Why approve my pre-alpha admittedly seriously broken (and the admission of brokenness was part of the file info before approval at that) previous version and not this version which has only extremely minor known bugs?

I reject, "You shouldn't be distributing incomplete projects anyways," because that's what Minecraft itself has been doing since the beginning. It's quite well what the idea of alpha testing is.

Europia79 likes this.
  4. Offline

Superkabii

Your project hasn't actually been 'approved' for file upload as you had only submitted it as an alpha staged project. The issue isn't in uploading a development version of a file, but the idea that the entire project is still set to experimental. Even if Minecraft may be "distributing incomplete projects", it doesn't make BukkitDev the place for all plugin developers to upload random crap that plugin 'developers' haven't finished yet. I'm not referencing your project though, I'm only attempting to explain the ideas behind my original post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.