VERY Simple hunger games plugin needed

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ABOODY006, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Hello everyone!
    I have opened a server and am in need of a very simple hunger games plugin.

The problem with most HG/SG plugins out there is that they are either outdated of 1.7.2 or just still in development which means they are pretty buggy. What we used to do to make our youtube videos is invite friends and use /gamerule and aventure mode for SG. But now that we are opening to public it will be harder to manage a lot of people at once.

When I say [OPTIONAL] I mean that I would really like this feature, But I also want the plugin to be as simple as possible, So you can either decide to make it or not.

Plugin category: PVP

Suggested name: HG-TheDerpsters ( server name )

What I want: A simple plugin which allows me to select an arena with the //wand tool and set spawn points for it, I would also like to have a "main" lobby for all the available arenas and a secondary lobby for the waiting period, All arenas will be on the same server.

I would like to make clickable signs where you can right click to join a lobby.

Snowballs freeze you and give you slowness when hit by them, TNT ignites when placed and explodes 1 second after it's placed.

In the deathmatch, Players will be teleported to spawn point, And as they fight Zombie pigman, Zombies, And Skeletons will spawn randomly around the spawn area until one player wins, When that happens the player receives a 10,000$ prize. ( essentials money )

All bounties are essentials money.

The players spawn with a speed potion II and regeneration for 30 seconds.

Easy /sponsor tool with configurable items.

[OPTIONAL] An in game shop ( if possible )

[OPTIONAL] When a player dies, He drops 100$ ( that I can use with essentials ). If you die you drop the money you collected in the game.

Ideas for commands: /hg create for ops only, /hg spectate [arena#], /hg placebounty ( using essentials money )

Ideas for permissions: player.usesign , player.joingame , player.placebounty , player.spectate , player.kit.*(forallkits) , player.kit.[KITNAME] , player.sponsor.
    etc.

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can do it :)

And one last "optional"

[OPTIONAL] When a player dies he can select a kit and come back:-
    -For example he can choose the archer kit and spawn as a skeleton with a bow of infinity and speed potion, ( can sprint too )

-Or he can choose the "bomber"( or creeper) kit where he spawns as a creeper with a stack of TNT and speed. ( can sprint too )

-Or the witch kit where he has a limited amount of potions ( ones that do not kill easily ) with normal player speed ( can sprint too )

-Or a zombie pigman with sword and speed. ( can sprint too )

-Or a zombie with leather armor and sharpness I wooden sword with normal player speed. ( can sprint too )

-Ender kit where you spawn with high speed and a wooden sword.

I would like to point out that a player should be able to "buy" a kit with his points ( configurable ) but can use it in more than one game without buying but if he wants to change the kit he has to buy again.

I would like to give only certain players these kits, Like donators, Top players ( with high amount of points ), etc..

And when you spawn back you have only one chance to kill a random player chosen by the system. If they kill themselves then you get another random target, But if they get killed then you lose your chance, If you kill them you return to the game, If they kill you then you're out of the game for good.

Thank you very much for reading.

2. Offline

all survival games plugins are nor simple at all it could take a dev weeks to only make the fram of one just find one and report the bugs

3. Offline

Wizehh

The title of this post is quite tasteless.

4. And why is that ?

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

No minigame is easy, that is why it is tasteless

6. Offline

Wizehh

ABOODY006
    LOL "simple"

Xplosion 2002 and xxCrazySkullxx like this.
  7. I never seen a hunger games more simpler. All the others have a lot of addons this one is plain. I didn't lie when I said simple, YOU might have understood it wrong.

8. Offline

Wizehh

I don't you think you understand the complexity behind making a plugin like this, nor the time necessitated to develop it.

Xplosion 2002, L33m4n123 and timtower like this.
  9. Offline

AndyMcB1

Most people can perform simple tasks with little effort.

15987632 likes this.
  10. Offline

Langur

ABOODY006
    If you actually coded, you would understand why it is NOT simple.

Williscool98 likes this.
  11. I did actually code..

12. Offline

then why dosnt you code this if its so simple

13. Offline

Jake6177

You're asking for a plugin with the ability to:
    • Store arena information in such a way that a region can be defaulted
    • Store a main lobby
    • Store a secondary lobby
    • Have signs teleporting players to different regions
    • Kits for arenas
    • Ability to spectate an arena (e.g. be vanished in an arena with no effect on game)
    • A deathmatch round with random spawning mobs
    • A system for sponsoring
    • Custom events for items thrown at players
    • Delays on TNT explosions
    • and an in-game shop
    and you call it simple ??

14. did you read where I said "optional"

15. Offline

Garris0n

The entire request is "optional". If it's simple, you do it, otherwise just don't pointlessly write simple in the title and make some new developer rip his hair out because he thought it would be an easy first project.

Jake6177 and timtower like this.
  16. Offline

bossomeness

Lol. Simple. Pfffff. Just use a dev build. "Outdated" means that the plugin is for a version that is many versions older than the current version. A plugin that is for 1.5.2 or 1.6 will work just fine with 1.7. Not a whole lot changes in the Bukkit API.

17. Offline

xxCrazySkullxx

This is absolutely NOT simple. This could take months to code depending on the coder.

timtower likes this.
  18. Offline

xMDK

So basically you want to copy the nexus

19. Ok so lets say I just want a normal SG plugin + wall signs + multiple arenas and thats it no spec or anything else, Would someone still do it ? Im pretty sure someone else will find an excuse to say no. Because all users on this forum are just stuck up and think they are the smartest people on earth just because they can code. Take a chill pill everyone, I didn't ask you to go fight the war, It's just a plugin request, You can be nice and explain why you can't do it. Geez.

20. Offline

Desle

ABOODY006 Doubt it.. Like people like making plugins that already exist.

21. No I want to copy the "hunger games" Ever read it ? Muttation.

Name one plugin, That isn't outdated, Buggy, Full of errors, Without crash reports or angry comments ?
    Because I did download a load of "already existing" hunger games plugins and none of them worked, And yes I did use them correctly. Problems range from commands crashing the plugin to signs going blank or just bugging.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  22. Offline

Desle

ABOODY006
    No time to list them all, sorry...?
    I'm suuuure there are enough.

23. You can't find one can you -.-, Neither can I.

24. Offline

I will try to explain why nobody makes these plugins.
    There are 2 / 3 requests of them each day.
    They take loads and loads of time to create, it is our free time that we volunteer here.
    There are multiple plugins out there, no plugin developer wants to recreate a plugin.
    And we are not the smartest, but we do know that this isn't an easy request ( see lines above )
    We need to save inventory's, regions, if the arena can gets destroyed then we need to log those events.

That is why.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/thehungergames/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/survival-games/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/myhungergames/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/hunger-games/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/cross-hunger-games/

xxCrazySkullxx and Williscool98 like this.
  25. Offline

xMDK

Snowball gives slowness, TNT invites on placement, I think its safe to say you want to copy the nexus

26. Offline

xxCrazySkullxx

Well technically in the real hunger games they made mutant dogs so a hg plugin with dogs that come back maybe like a pack so like all the players are released like before deathmatch? So its not coping them.

I can list 2 more if you want, lol!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

ABOODY006 likes this.
  27. Offline

Ventality

He didn't say the plugin was simple to code, He said the Gamemode is "simple" as not a lot of features.

ABOODY006 likes this.
  28. Finally! Someone who understands!

Here we go:-
    "TheHungerGames" Last update Jul 31, 2013, No signs, Not working with 1.7.2
    "Survival-Games" Double_0_negative seemed to abandon the project before it was even finished, "Force start" not recognised, Signs turn blank after game ends, People spawn inside blocks, etc...
    "MyHungerGames" Last update Jun 01, 2013, An I won't download any dev builds, And it doesn't work with 1.7.2 so don't tell me 1.6.4 versions work with 1.7.2 because thats a lie, Items from chest disappear.
    "Hunger-Games" Not even released yet.
    "Cross Hunger Games" Last update Jul 31, 2013, Signs don't update after game restart.

I say that all of the plugins you listed are pretty buggy, I only asked for ONE plugin that is not buggy.

Sure. Would love to hear it.

Ventality likes this.
  29. Offline

Dev builds usually work, so why not use them?
    If plugins are using the bukkit API ( what most are doing ) then they will still work between 1.6.4 and 1.7.2, running a 1.4 plugin myself...
    And report those bugs, it takes less time to fix those plugins then create a new one

30. Have you read the comments on all of them ? Wait.. Have you even TRIED any of them ? Because I did and none of them work.
    The only thing I want is a simple hg plugin so that it doesn't get too buggy for me and my friends to play.