Very odd server lag

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by nhadobas, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nhadobas

Alright, my server hasnt had any overloaded junks, but thank you helping out.

2. Offline

nhadobas

3. Offline

drampelt

I'd recommend updating any plugin it mentions with an error and see if that fixes anything.

4. Offline

nhadobas

Good to see you can state the obvious....All of my plugins are updated to 1.4.6. Maybe you should go look at my original post instead of just jumping in....

edit- I dont want to offend you, but i just feel its rude to not read my post and just try to give advice.

5. Offline

drampelt

My bad, I was responding to the error you posted, not the original post, and lately this forum has been mostly errors related to outdated plugins. I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

6. Offline

nhadobas

Sorry for being frank, and im glad you can try and help!

7. Offline

drampelt

No worries. I should have taken the time to read your post first :p

As for you problem, still haven't found anything yet. I'll keep searching though.

So I found one thing at least, according to the internet, OutOfMemoryError: PermGen Space are not related to the -Xms or -Xmx used normally when launching the minecraft server.
    Edit: I'm really not sure how much is a good value to set that to. Try 128M first, if you still have the problem, maybe try doubling it to 256M.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  8. Offline

nhadobas

We have 8GB
    We have 8gb allocated.

9. Offline

drampelt

What is the command you are using to start your server?

10. Offline

nhadobas

The error message you see there doesnt mean we have 126Mb allocated. That means it is the minimum amount required to start a server.

11. Offline

drampelt

I think to fix this problem you need to add that flag to your start command.

12. Offline

nhadobas

Im 99% sure its not a startup script error, but if you think it is i can show you my startup script.

13. Offline

drampelt

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure that it can be solved by setting the MaxPermSize flag in the startup script. For example if your script was "java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar", you would change it to "java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -jar craftbukkit.jar". This may not solve the problem but it's worth a shot.

14. Offline

nhadobas

I use a linux so my start up script so mine would actually be different. Im sure the startup script is correct though. Anyway, i removed McMMO and the lag has gotten a shit ton better. Since bukkits change in block break events MCMMO didnt update hence causing lag every time someone broke a block.

15. Offline

falkensmaze

The PermGen space error usually indicates a memory leak (a bug) in some plugin. It can be postponed with a bigger -XX:MaxPermSize, but it will still happen eventually.

16. Offline

nhadobas

We found out which plugin was causing it. Finally MCMMO threw out a nasty console error so we removed it. Every since our TPS has not dropped below 19 even with 35 people online, so its all going well.

17. Offline

drampelt

Thanks for clearing this up falkensmaze and I'm glad you got everything working nhadobas. I should check to make sure MCMMO isn't lagging my server :p

18. Offline

Rodlan

Well this problem is happening to me too,i use Ptweaks but it's the same! :(

[​IMG]

19. Offline

PolarCraft

Too many plugins can result in lag. And mostlikely did you update to bukkit 1.5?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.