Very odd server lag

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by nhadobas, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nhadobas

Since the update to 1.4.6 my server has been lagging once we get 40ish people online. Yes i know it is a plugin, the problem is, if i remove all my plugins then add them one by one, i will never be able to get 40 players online. The server has 8GB allocated. When there are 40 people on, its only uses about 3GB of it. So i know im not running out of memory. I'm about 95% sure its a plugin error, but like i stated before i cant remove them all and add them one by one. The only error im getting is the [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?. Aside from that, there are no errors. I will give a link to all of my plugins, maybe someone knows of a plugin causing some server lag, and a link to my server starup.

All of my plugins are updated and 100% working with 1.4.6

plugins: http://prntscr.com/mxm57

Server startup: http://pastie.org/5566507

Thank you for checking out this, if you need anymore information, reply here or send me a PM.

Hate to bump it, but no one has even replied to this thread...

Hate to bump this again, but it is really stopping my player base from getting over 35 today :/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  2. Offline

Creeper98HD

try removing the unimportant plugins

ii reckon thats the paintball plugin

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  3. Offline

nhadobas

I already tried removing all of the plugins we didnt use, but we seriously use 100% of those plugins. Even the paintball plugin, that is actually one of our major minigames. Im just looking for people that have had server lag with larger amount of people and may have a clue what plugin it is.

4. Offline

Creeper98HD

Is it possible of I can get a copy of server plugins and try it on my private one so I identify which one is bugging out??

5. Offline

nhadobas

5 of those plugins are custom edited to log to our MySQL database. If you really want to help me out that bad it would just be easier for you to download the jars. Otherwise it would be a lengthy download.

6. Offline

Nightik

I have same problem. I start the server and 30-50 players gets in. Everything runs ok without anything bad. After about 30-45 minutes server starts to "lag" on client side. Blocks are getting back on their previous position after they are mined and so on. It started yesterday when i moved server on 1.4.6. No errors in console whatsoever.

I updated all plugins so there shouldnt be a problem i hope. I started to drop plugins one by one in hope, that i will find problematic plugin, but nothing. Those plugins were NoCheatPlus, mcMMO, and so on. Basicly all those plugins that somehow interact with blockchange events.

Current list of my plugins:
    AuthMe-2.7.0b2-CB1.4.6R0.1
    AutoMessage
    bpermissions
    citizens-2.0.6-SNAPSHOT
    dynmap
    EggCatcher
    Essentials
    EssentialsChat
    EssentialsSpawn
    HeroicDeathPlus
    ChestShop
    LogBlock
    LWC
    MobArena
    Multiverse-Core-2.5
    Orebfuscator
    PerformanceMonitor
    Residence
    ResidenceSigns
    Stargate
    Ultrabans
    Vault
    Vote4Diamondz
    WorldBorder
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

I run server on Intel Core i5 750 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD SATA-III. When this occures everybody has around 40-80ms latency and server TPS is fine on 16-20. I totaly dont know, where could be a problem.

7. What is your system load when running the server?

8. Offline

Nightik

I run windows server and CPU is on around 15-20% usage with 40-50 players online.

Btw, i use build 1.4.6-R0.2 #2566

9. Thats strange. What is your internet speed?

10. Offline

Nightik

I run on PTP line and for this MC server i have reserved 40mbit line. There shouldnt be a problem as far i know.

11. Offline

-_Husky_-

Have you tried restarting the computer it is on?

12. Offline

MCZeldar

I just bet your issue is from Orebfuscator. Are you running it with Cache enabled? Try to disable cache or even the plugin for a sec and see if is any change.

13. Offline

Nightik

Yes, i did hard restart around 20 hour ago, didnt help afterwards.

14. Why are you using AuthMe?

15. Offline

Nightik

I have it so people can register ingame and those registrations are used for website login (forum, discussion, vip section etc).

16. Okay, i highly recommend not using offline mode.

These are my reasons:
    Although there are legitimate uses for offline mode,I do not support these servers/owners.
    As such, most helpers here will give no assistance to users of offline mode, as in most cases it is used to accomodate users of pirated clients or hacked user accounts, and we cannot condone the use of these methods. Running a server in offline mode also poses a MAJOR security risk.

17. Offline

Nightik

I do not run offline mode. I have just AuthMe so i can get user informations for another things. People are lazy to come on website and register normaly so i have to force them to register ingame if they want to play on a server.

18. kk

19. Offline

Nightik

Ok, i just discovered that this "lag" is only in survival mode. When Iam in creative, there are no problems at all. Strange.

20. What do you mean by "lag"? Fps?

21. Offline

Nightik

This:I start the server and 30-50 players gets in. Everything runs ok without anything bad. After about 30-45 minutes server starts to "lag" on client side. Blocks are getting back on their previous position after they are mined and so on. It started yesterday when i moved server on 1.4.6. No errors in console whatsoever. I run server on Intel Core i5 750 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD SATA-III. When this occures everybody has around 40-80ms latency and server TPS is fine on 16-20. I totaly dont know, where could be a problem.

And now i discovered this upper problem is only in survival mode. When i switch to creative, no block returns, nothing. I will go crazy from this update.

22. Then it is probably Bukkit, i recommend either using the old version, or using the beta build.

23. Offline

nhadobas

So everyone helps him, but doesnt attempt to help the person who created the thread :/ lol

24. Offline

Nightik

Well we have prettz similar problems so i would say if we find a fix, it will be for both of us. :)

25. Offline

nhadobas

You're getting FPS lag, im getting server hold up lag.

26. Offline

Nightik

You just insulted me. Sorry, but i know difference between fps lag and when there is something strange going on with server.

27. Offline

nhadobas

Im not insulting you. you just stated that you're getting FPS lag, which is completely different than server hang-up lag. Hence us having different problems. I dont have block lag, i dont have creative/survival problems. I'm having server hang-up lag.

28. Offline

Nightik

I solved problem already. But surely as you said, we dont have same problem so my fix wont works for you...

But in case you change your mind, disable or wait for better dev version of Multiverse-Core. It is causing the problem.

29. Offline

nhadobas

Multiverse-core isnt causing the problem, im actually looking at its usage and its considerably low.

30. Offline

Nightik

I had a problem that sometimes loaded chunks didnt get out of memory and i sometimes noticed that server had over 10.000 chunks loaded even when there is only around 15 players on a server. I downloaded newest build of 1.4.6 and disabled Multiverse-Core and everything seems ok now. I will have to keep an eye on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.