Solved Variable Triggers Help (Quick Question)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by UltiFix, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

UltiFix

Hey,
    I just got this plugin... im very new with it and i have one purpose i would like to use it for... i want it so when a player walks over a certain block a command it sent by the player that walked over the block... and yes i did look on the help and it barely has anything on there....
    Thanks!

Bump... i know im bumping it to early..... but its night time and im prob going to bed soon :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  2. Offline

midnightfang22

You could make a trigger at a specific location and have it do whatever you need it to do, but it doesn't have an event in it where it globally tracks where every player is walking (unless you make an enormous area trigger...). Its do-able as it is right now, but its impractical to do it globally with what it currently can do (it would basically call whatever script you are trying to use every time a player attempts to move...that won't end up pretty). I don't think it would be that hard for someone to make a plugin for specifically that if you can't find one already made.

3. Offline

UltiFix

well im just wondring whats the command.... but thanks!

4. Offline

chad53105

let me check my scripts, i already accomplished this. a user walks over a block and they are promoted to the next rank and a message is broadcasted. i did this for a block in front of a door in my quiz room. i will post my script later.

5. Offline

UltiFix

Thanks..... yea i just need it to run a command as they walk over a block.... i have a boxing plugin and you have to type a game to actually line up in the lobby so im going to have it so they just walk in and it automatically runs the join command....

Sry to be impatient.... just wondering if you forgot:p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

chad53105

no, long day at work. plus gotta drive to waco TX later (an hour away) to pick up a package. sorry, i am a bit busy today. when i get home, i can post it.

UltiFix
    Here is the script I used, i cant remember the commands in the order I did. I used the variable trigger's wand (bone) and right clicked the area after I started a new walk trigger. after that, i added this script:

Code:
    Spawn:
      107,18,-345:
        CoolDown: 0
        Script:
        - '@BROADCAST &6<playername> completed the quiz!'
        - '@SMOKE 15 107,18,-345'
        - '@CMDOP manuadd <playername> novice'
        - '@TELL <playername> &2You have been promoted to novice'

the "spawn" is the world name. "Cooldown" was automatically added. what is after the "script" should be a good example for you. This script broadcasts a message, then fires smoke. Then it promotes the user and tells them of their promotion. Hope this helps.

7. Offline

UltiFix

Alright.... Im soooo lost.... so were do I put all of this? In a command? Lol maybe some step by step would help....
    Thanks for everything!

8. Offline

midnightfang22

Wait, you were just looking for a single block? I thought you meant something like whenever a player walks over a specific block anywhere... I feel stupid. Just go to the block you want them to walk over with a bone in your hand and do something along the lines of this: "/vtwalk CMD spawn" or "/vtwalk CMDOP spawn" then right click the block you want to to happen when they walk over it... That is the easiest way to do it for small stuff.

Apparently, I just tagged a random guy, sorry.

9. Offline

UltiFix

So you say i hold a bone in my hand and right click the block then type /vtwalk CMD(what does that mean)
    What I want to hapen is when someone walks over a block a command is run by that user.... so lets say i walk over this block and the command /bx join runs..... thats all i want..... could you type it in exactly? sorry i am just learning this....
    Thanks

10. Offline

midnightfang22

"/vtwalk CMD bx join" <- command way to make a script. "/vtwalk" tells it you are going to make a walk trigger. "@CMD" tells the script when it is triggered to run the command that is after this while checking if the player has permissions to actually run the command first. "bx join" is the command the CMD will run. The reason you need a bone is because, after you enter that command, it will ask you to right click the block that the trigger will go to with a bone. After you right click, then it makes what you told it to make and it should work right away.

11. Offline

UltiFix

Thanks! One more question..... I have given myself the * Perm so is there some permission were if i walk over it it wont work? just wondering.... ill have to try this out
    Thanks!

12. Offline

chad53105

unless they changed something in the new version, i doubt it. i run over that block and i get demoted to the novice rank.

13. Offline

UltiFix

Is that good or bad?

14. Offline

midnightfang22

There are permissions to use triggers, not deny them (to deny you just negate the permission). Good or bad since that literally sets everyone who walks over that block to that rank (as it is currently setup) so you probably want to add some IF statements to check if they need to be ranked, but it technically works as it is.

15. Offline

chad53105

midnightfang22
    I'm not that good at scripting, i just wanted it to work. Also, there is not re-entry for players. its just for the default group. thus, only a new player can take the quiz and get promoted. I wish i knew the correct format of the IF/THEN statements for this plugin.

UltiFix
    Like midnightfang said, it can be bad since it doesn't care who walks over the trigger. It will move the user to that group.

16. Offline

UltiFix

Also how do i delete a script?

Alright.... thanks
    Thanks

17. Offline

UltiFix

o yea solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.