V.I.P

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by OzoneBuu, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Offline

OzoneBuu

Hi there!

I would really like a plugin that, when a player gets too close to an admin, V.I.P or camera man/lady, would be auto teleported to spawn if they come within a selected range (Configured with a command). It should be command toggled, for example /vip range 20. If possible, you could add in a permission to be able that lets you come wherever around the VIP.

Thanks for reading!

-OzoneBuu

2. Offline

Fell

I'm not sure I understand this? Are you saying that if someone gets close to an Admin, they should be teleported away to spawn? Just trying to clear things up lol

3. Offline

OzoneBuu

Yes. It would be useful for filming stuff on a busy server.

4. Offline

Fell

Wait how does filming go into this?

5. Offline

OzoneBuu

Players accidently flying in front of the camera. For things like timelapses, where a lot of people cold be flying close to people in the sky, who are filming.

6. Offline

Fell

Well you'd have to have an actual player filming. You can't just record video without a player lol

7. Offline

OzoneBuu

Yeah, it would be a player filming. How else would you film it?

8. Offline

Fell

Lol there is no other way , that's what I was confused about... So ok... explain this again? What exactly does the plugin need to do?

9. Offline

OzoneBuu

When a person comes within a defined distance (in blocks, with a command), they get auto an auto /spawn. Also, if there could be a permission to be able to come as close as a person wants, that would be cool.

10. Offline

seriosbrad

I easily understood what the op wanted from the first post. Would be a handy tool to have

11. Offline

OzoneBuu

Yeah, but it is nice to get everything clear.

12. Offline

Fell

Ok sorry for the delay, so the object is to keep players from getting near each other and each player can decide how close he wants people to get if he has a perm. That's correct right? If so, I'll start soon :)

13. Offline

OzoneBuu

Well, it would only be one person who would have this toggled, not everyone. The builders could be as close as they want, but a sort of private command for the camera people or admins.

14. Offline

Fell

oh ok, well I'll just give it a perm, that way you can pick and chose who has it :)

15. Offline

OzoneBuu

Perfect :)

16. Offline

Fell

And any name or permission node ideas?

17. Offline

OzoneBuu

Ummmm something like protect.vip and guard.vip. The guard.vip would let admins come as close as they like to the camera men.
    And the command to toggle it could be something like /VIP range 20 to protect them from players coming within 20 blocks.

18. Offline

Fell

Alright, I'll try to have it up as soon as possible :) Should I just call the plugin VIP Guard or something?

19. Offline

OzoneBuu

Yeah, something to do with cameraman or V.I.P.

20. Offline

Fell

Oh one more thing... it'd be much faster to set the distance that a player can get with a config.... would you mind if I did it that way as opposed to with a command?

21. Offline

OzoneBuu

Yeah, that would be fine.

22. Offline

Fell

Hey :D So I've finished it :) How would you like for me to get it to you?

23. Offline

OzoneBuu

Could you PM me? Dropbox or anything would be great.

24. Offline

Fell

Sure one sec :D

Sorry about sending it late! My parents insisted that I come eat dinner right then! lol but I'm pm'ing you now :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  25. Offline

Chiller

oh lord

26. Offline

MrDerpatron

I know exactly what you want but it'd be a waste of a download unless it does more like if a player wants his home like whitelisted or soemthing, only players he picks can go into that region. (If someone not on the list they get teleported 10 blocks back )