[Util] Force EndGame Credits [NMS]

Discussion in 'Resources' started by bigteddy98, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bigteddy98

This resource is no longer available.

Phasesaber likes this.
  2. Offline

SoThatsIt

in what situation did you need to do this? xD

nice work though!

bigteddy98 likes this.
  3. Offline

bigteddy98

Since 1.6 (correct my if I'm wrong), you can change the credit screen by using a custom resource pack. If your server has a custom resource pack, this will be a pretty awesome way to give your players the server credits/information.

4. Offline

RawCode

do not use reflection based import, it just illusion of usability, first update that change internal method\class\field names and your plugin will crash server without warning.

in case of normal import, plugin willnot load and force user to seek update.

5. Offline

SoThatsIt

in my opinion it is better using reflection as instead of having to update every update, you only have to update it when they change the classes to do with what you are doing, which isnt very often.

glen3b and bigteddy98 like this.
  6. Offline

RawCode

7. Offline

ccrama

bigteddy98 You could probably very easily have a created resourcepack in your folder somewhere with the text you want, and do the setResourcePack on the player before your method runs!

bigteddy98 likes this.
  8. Offline

DarkBladee12

RawCode It's useful though in my opinion, because the fields and methods are not likely to change in every new update. So your plugin will still work even if a new version is out and they didn't change them. And I don't think that it will ever happen that a method will be replaced by another with the same name and parameters which does something bad...

glen3b likes this.
  9. Offline

bigteddy98

RawCode Disargree with that.
    Not true, if any NMS code changes, the class will start throwing ClassNotFound, FieldNotFound and/or MethodNotFoundExceptions. If you want to, you could print an update message, instead of printing the error.
    Many times, only the package name changes and the NMS code stays the same. With normally importing you would need to update every version anyway. With reflection, only once every few updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.