Solved using world guard w/ breakNaturally

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by pingpong1999, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pingpong1999

Code:
        @EventHandler
        public void onBreak(BlockBreakEvent e){
            ItemStack item = e.getPlayer().getItemInHand();
            ItemMeta meta2 = item.getItemMeta();
            List<String> lore = meta2.getLore();
            if(lore.toString().contains("Drill")){
            Block surroundXp = e.getBlock().getLocation().subtract(0.0, 0.0, 1.0).getBlock();
            Block surroundXm = e.getBlock().getLocation().add(1.0, 0.0, 0.0).getBlock();
            Block surroundZp = e.getBlock().getLocation().add(0.0, 0.0, 1.0).getBlock();
            Block surroundZm = e.getBlock().getLocation().subtract(1.0, 0.0, 0.0).getBlock();
            surroundXm.breakNaturally(item);
            surroundXp.breakNaturally(item);
            surroundZp.breakNaturally(item);
            surroundZm.breakNaturally(item);
            }

}

So I am making a custom enchant that destroys a + shape or maybe even a 3x3 shape.
    The server is a prison server, so it is mostly restricted on what you can break and what you cant. But say the player was mining with the Drill Enchant. Say they were on the exact corner of the mine. they would destroy the block they broke and the mine walls in the + shape. this would also break spawn etc leaving the block they originally broke. how do I implement it so that I can hook into world guard and check if the block is in a region or not. I have never really hooked into plugins and I cant find an answer anywhere on google. because It is quite a specific question

Also- please correct me on anything I could improve on to make my code more efficient

2. Offline

Lordloss

3. Offline

pingpong1999

How would I beable to do this?

4. Offline

Lordloss

Sorry but seriously, if you dont know how to use lists properly / iterate over a collection, you are here in the wrong place.
    You should only use bukkit if you have a basic knowledge in java, and stuff like that is very very basic.

5. Offline

DoggyCode™

Yo must check if the block you break naturally is within the mine region, if it isn't, don't break it,

6. Offline

bennie3211

*Reads JavaDocs*
    Couldn't find it for (craft)bukkit but it works the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.