Using Wolf Hearts. Before you come in saying not possible I know

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MCForger, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MCForger

Okay,
    So I just had a couple of questions.
    Number one:
    Why doesn't bukkit or craftbukkit allow us to spawn effects like wolf hearts or portal effects? I understand client side but still.

Number two:
    Is there any modifications to bukkit that allow this? Or is there anyway to do it on your own within NMS?

Thanks for reading,
    Forger.

2. Offline

Tirelessly

Now I don't know if this is client side or not, but if it is, that's a big "but still."
    If something is client side it's literally impossible for the server to send it to the client.

3. Offline

bleachisback

Agreed, there's nothing Bukkit can do about it if Vanilla doesn't give it the capability.
    For other effects, though, try using world.playEffect().

4. Offline

MCForger

I know how to do normal effects =P I'm was just trying to figure out the whole sending an EntityEffect or any effect that can not be applied to a player to a location.

5. Offline

mastermustard

multiple requests have been sent for the rest of the effects to be added for playEffect() dw i think there adding it next update

6. Offline

DarkBladee12

MCForger try it with this:
    Code:
    public void playWolfHearts(Location loc) {
            World world = loc.getWorld();
            Wolf wo = (Wolf) world.spawn(loc, Wolf.class);
            wo.remove();
            net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.World nmsWorld = ((CraftWorld) world).getHandle();
            net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.EntityWolf nmsWolf = (EntityWolf) ((CraftEntity) wo).getHandle();
            nmsWorld.broadcastEntityEffect(nmsWolf, (byte) 7);
        }

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.