Question Using Å,Ä and Ö in server MOTD?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AbbeLabben, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AbbeLabben

Hey, I am trying to use the characters Å, Ä and Ö in my server's MOTD because I am running a swedish server. However it doesn't work and just return weird characters. I have tried changing the format to UTF-8 but it doesn't work.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Machine Maker

@AbbeLabben Are you using the actual characters in your server.properties file or the unicode string for them? If you are using the actual characters, switch to the unicode signatures (\u(something)). You can google for that.

3. Offline

AbbeLabben

I've tried that. Doesn't work...

4. Offline

Machine Maker

It's possible that Minecraft's font just doesn't support those then?

5. Offline

KarimAKL

@Machine Maker Doesn't it seem kind of weird that Swedish characters aren't supported when the creator of Minecraft is Swedish? Although i would agree that it's a possibility.

AbbeLabben likes this.
  6. Offline

Machine Maker

Yeah it does. Swedish is a supported language obviously. Idk

7. Offline

Holalet

Same, I need a solution for this too, my server is a RP and there are different countries that speak their own language, now we only speak 3 languages (Spanish, English and Swedish) and when Some1 speaks to other country they use English, and I can't use Swedish Chars

And each day there's a MOTD in a different language, and we had multiple issues with the Swedish days one, the MOTD speaks about the most important events that happened in the country

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2019
  8. Offline

AbbeLabben

@Holalet Found any solution thought?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.