Username change issues rising

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Agentleader1, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Agentleader1

I thought this would work, but it didn't. I'm wondering how to keep information (from configs, to databases, to anything else Java can store information) of a player, and restore their previous information, if they were to change their name.

When I looked this up, I found a common trend:
    Code:
    player.getUniqueId().toString()
    I used that method, and recently changed my username, then got on my server. The information wasn't stored!

Please tell me what might be wrong with the above code, or if UUID is not now you get it. These issues pose a threat to my server.

2. Offline

nverdier

@Agentleader1 Nothing is wrong with what you have done above. If you want to post the code for the plugin that deleted the data, then we might be able to see what you did wrong.

3. Offline

Agentleader1

May I get a possible list of possible things in code that might not have restored the previous player's information? Like what code might prevent it?

Also should've mentioned, when I checked the UUID of my pre-change and the post-change, the UUIDs were both different.

4. Offline

nverdier

@Agentleader1 A lot of things could, easiest thing to do would be to just post code for us to look through.

5. Offline

Agentleader1

But can I get an explanation on the part where my UUID is different pre and after I changed my username?

6. Offline

nverdier

7. Offline

mythbusterma

8. Offline

Agentleader1

@nverdier Oh man, thanks for telling me that, Just now checked, and it appeared I was in Offline Mode. I had no idea ;-; Thanks. Does it fix the whole problem?
    I'm using Spigot for 1.7.10 and 1.8

9. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Moved to Alternatives Section.

10. Offline

Agentleader1

Wait, why?

Like my coding would be the same if I implemented bukkit instead

11. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@Agentleader1
    That does not matter. It is simply because we only support Spigot in here.

12. Offline

Agentleader1

Changing it to Online Mode- true created a bunch of new problems for me now. BungeeCord now says that "The Server is Online Mode" Or whatever. Both the config.yml and server.properties have online-mode:true and I want it to be Online Mode true. How Do I fix that now with the username changes still working.

13. Offline

nverdier

@Agentleader1 You're getting errors because BungeeCord requires the servers to be in offline mode. Offline mode isn't supported on these forums.

14. Offline

ZeldoKavira

Locked. We do not support offline mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.