User levels/groups?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DavEdward, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DavEdward

I've been trying out Bukkit and like what I see so far, however I do have a bit of confusion and worry about one of the core methods of configuration of the server mod.

In Hey0 mod, you could create users and groups, and assign command rights to groups.
    I see in Bukkit each plugin makes it's own folder with it's own permissions file where you put in the names of each user or wildcard that's allowed to use the command.

I see this as a major problem for user control. With Hey0 mod I used to have a plugin that let me assign users to roles live while in the server. This allowed me to, without having to edit several files, change who had what access rights. For example I could make a usergroup 'tracklayer' and if I used /setgroup <name> tracklayer, they'd get the group level access of what tracklayer group had which in my case was that they could use particular kits and use the /warp command.

By the way things look, it's going to be very hard to change who gets which commands as for every single user I'd need to hand edit every separate plugin's permissions file to add their name to the commands I want, even if I only want to give them temporary access.

Is there plans to set up things like groups, and a way to move players in and out of groups without requiring to edit config files?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.