Use metadata?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ServerfromMinecraft, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi!

how i can use metadata on give items or other? the dye is INK_SACK, but how i change the metadata of inksack?

edit: solved.

edit:// Mob spawners have metadata? how i can give me a spawner with a specific creature inside?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
    MnMaxon likes this.
  2. Offline

Seizure Dude

I would be interested to see a meta data spawner editing plugin

3. "Metadata" ? I'm unsure what you're refering to...

Most items have a data/damage/durability value (same thing), which is the number that defines the color for wool/dyes, the type of smooth stone, the potion, type of wood/log, amount of damage a tool/weapon has, , etc.
    Gettting and setting is quite easy for an item... getDurability() and setDurability() :)

Some other items have tags that store stuff... like title, author and the pages of written books.

There is something in the Bukkit API that's called "metadata" but it's unrelated to items... it's stored per blocks, players, entities, etc and it's Bukkit specific, not game specific, the data value and tags for items are game specific.

4. Offline

MnMaxon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.