[URGENT] MaterialAPI issues...

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Techy4198, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Techy4198

so i recently downloaded materialAPI to use in one of my plugins. then i discovered it hasn't been updated since 1.5.2. any chance someone could update the code to work with 1.7.2? i kinda need this...

Bump
    this is urgent

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Offline

Maurdekye

Techy4198
    A) This isn't a development problem, it's a general problem, and
    B) You can't and won't be able to update it unless you have permissions for the source code of the plugin.

3. Offline

Techy4198

Maurdekye
    A) i don't get what you mean by that...
    B) it's not a plugin, it's an API, and it's open-source.

4. Offline

Maurdekye

Techy4198 You know how to update your own plugins, right? Just import the source as an Eclipse project, replace the build path with the 1.7.2 jar and export it as normal. Though I would be careful, as a large amount of the methods may be deprecated, and some could fail.

5. Offline

Techy4198

Maurdekye the trouble is, not ALL of the source is on the github page, and the code that IS on there doesn't even seem to work properly. i have tried decompiling the class files in the .jar download with cavaj but it doesn't support these classes which have like
    MyClass.class
    and then
    MyClass$1.class
    i have no idea how to decompile these 'multi-part' class files.

6. Offline

Maurdekye

Techy4198 I wouldn't try, man. This is left to the owner's discretion; if they want to update the plugin, then they'll do it on their own time. If you really need that kind of functionality, then do it yourself or find something similar.

7. Offline

Techy4198

could someone possibly tell me what those Something$Number.class files mean? because i notice that all the class files that have an accompanying '$' class have a section in the decompiled code which looks like a missing sub-class or something. is that what they are? does xxxx$1.class mean a sub-class of xxxx.class? sorry if sub-class is the wrong term, i'm not too familiar with some of the java terms.

Maurdekye

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Aqua

Techy4198 Those $ classes are the runnables inside the "normal" classes.
    And as Maurdekye said, You will have to make something similar yourself.

9. Offline

Techy4198

Aqua Ah, that helps a lot, i might be able to do it now. why should i make one myself if it's open source and i kinda know how to fix it?

oh lol i just discovered something kinda important...
    i was re-downloading the jar version from the materialapi page (cos i accidentally deleted my copy), and i noticed the bit that says to add 'depend: [MaterialAPI]' to the plugin.yml, now here's the embarrasing bit. i thought you were supposed to build the project against the api in the ide, then drag all the classes from the api jar into the plugin jar. in other words, i thought api code was supposed to be included in the plugin itself. derp.

ok turns out it's kinda easy to put the $ classes into the normal classes, but i keep seeing a variable called 'this$0'. what does that mean?

idea. Cybermaxke could you please update MaterialAPI to work with 1.7 and link it here plz?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.