[Urgent-Help] Wither Skulls from Dispensers?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by creepers84, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

creepers84

How can I make it so when a Wither Skull is placed in a dispenser if fires the wither skull entity?

2. Offline

skore87

You're evil.

3. Offline

creepers84

LOL =D

4. Offline

skore87

Try:

server.spawnEntity(location,EntityType.Wither)

There are other ways but I haven't had the need to spawn entities in some time. If you do a simple search on the forums you should find it. It involves using the class type of the entity and another uses CraftWither for example.

5. Offline

creepers84

But I want it so that when the wither skull item is placed in a dispenser and it is given a redstone current it fire the entity!

6. Offline

skore87

Use your imagination... You'll want to hook an event, ensure the item is "dispensed" by removing the item, and spawn the creature.

7. Offline

creepers84

Not the wither Skeleton Mob!!! The Skull Entity. I understand How to Replace Arrows with the skull Entity when a player is firing it. But I need help with the dispensing!

8. Offline

skore87

THEN OPEN YOUR EYES.... If it is not the entity type you want then explore the damned enum!! It is as simple as that. I am not going to force feed you code when you should be trying to learn this on your own.

9. Offline

creepers84

You were referring to an entity as a "creature" I'm not sure you know what your on about.

10. Offline

skore87

Creature/Mob/Item/Whatever is still an entity...

Oh and.... I don't know why you're asking how to replace what is dispensed unless you stole the code and didn't even look at it for this plugin... http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/projectilewither/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  11. Offline

creepers84

That is totally irrelevant! That's replacing an arrow!! That's shot by a player and not Dispensed! I suggest you learn to read! I don't know where you learnt to code but before responding to anyone on this forum I strongly advise that you learn how to be less sarcastic and be polite. Your help on this forum thread is appalling and not at all educational. All it's been is sarcastic and rude comments and totally Irrelevant threads etc...

12. Offline

Spikes

13. Offline

creepers84

14. Offline

skore87

It's because 98% of the forum is asking to be spoon fed and won't take the time to look at javadocs or learn the basics of java.

15. Offline

Chloe-chan

^ If you want to help, please do by all means. If not, do not reply. Thanks.

16. Offline

skore87

If you read the posts in the thread you'll see that I was trying to, but he insisted on closing his eyes. I was giving hints for him on what he should do and search for. You should take your own advice...

17. Offline

creepers84

I think you should Monetize your priorities.

18. This reply was actually helpful and a nice hint in the right direction.
    creepers84 You could've opened up the javadocs, browse through the events and find this yourself.

19. Offline

creepers84

Ok..... Apart from the fact i was told to hunt for a listener that had it's priorities set on replacing arrow entities with a wither_skull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.