Upgrade for 1.2.5 to 1.3.2

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Dothackking, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dothackking

With all the new features added and such, am I going to have to delete all of my setting files before upgrading, or can I keep my bukkit.yml, server.properties, and such?

2. Offline

c0mp

For the most part, I'm pretty sure the server's core config files (the ones you mentioned) add new options automatically. It's the plugins that may or may not need to have their config files regenerated and reconfigured. Dynmap is the one that I always dread, as well as Essentials. The rest I just update and pray, then reset the config if there are any issues.

3. Offline

np98765

I dread updating Essentials as well. -_- I still haven't updated to the latest build...

4. Offline

c0mp

At least Essentials is all one file for the most part. I find myself having to modify about 10 different files, between the web files and the config files, when I update Dynmap. :p

5. Offline

np98765

I had to remove Dynmap because it was beginning to lag my server... Added it in, and within a few hours got comments from my users about how terribly the server was lagging... With 5GB of RAM and a decent upload speed, I don't get that often. I removed Dynmap (without telling anyone), and got some positive feedback on the server speed.

That's my Dynmap story, and why I don't have to worry about editing the config. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.