Updating to 1.2.3 deletes everything we build the last 5 days

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SpookyEpic, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpookyEpic

Problem is in the title.

2. Offline

xBrownxJESUSx

There's not much anyone can do if part of your world didn't save. Sorry, but unless you have a backup, that data is lost.

3. Offline

SpookyEpic

I have a backup and when i restore the world from the backup and downgrade the it to 1.1 everything works.
    If I upgrade to 1.2.3 again, it deletes again everything we have built over the last five days.

Sorry for my bad english :D

4. Offline

Toodo

have same problem

5. Offline

JustinFatalx

My server has same issue cept its more like 10 days.

6. Offline

Paswaru

I don’t know if this is the case for you all, but there was a post on the minecraft forum for a similar problem. What it turned out to be was they had run the Minecraft pre 1.2 snapshots, which had converted the region files over to anvil. They then switched back to 1.1, which of course went back to using the old region files. When they upgrade to 1.2, it started using the now out of date anvil files from the snapshot giving the appearance of a roll back.

To cause the server to reconvert the region files, delete all .mca files and copy level.dat_mcr over top of level.dat. This must be done in each world folder you want to reconvert.

If you are going to try this at a minimum make a backup copy of the world’s files.I’d recommend you make a separate copy of your server and try it on that first.If all is well, then repeat it on your production server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.