Solved Unsupported Major Minor Class version

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Hex_27, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hex_27

This is the error log of a client of mine:
    http://pastebin.com/2fyg7vas

It works fine on my computer with Java 8 and the same server jar. The plugin was compiled with Java 7. Can anyone tell what version of Java my client is using?

2. Offline

Cirno

52 is Java 8 iirc; your Path variable is probably still referencing Java 7; try googling around to see how to fix it.

3. Offline

Apple_

Plugin was compiled on a different version than the machine running it. cmd > java -version then check your compiling version.

4. Offline

Hex_27

@Cirno I've tried for quite some time but I still can't find answers
    @Apple_ Yes. I know that. I compiled it in JDK 1.7 as you should have read from the main post.

5. @Hex_27 Do you know how to change your build path to Java8? I can help you, but it is what @Apple_ said.

6. Offline

Hex_27

7. @Hex_27 Where you usually configure your buildpath for a Bukkit API or other jar file, your going to click your java library and update it to java 8.

8. Offline

bwfcwalshy Retired Staff

Moved to Bukkit Alternates.

9. Offline

timtower Moderator Moderator

@Tyler Christensen You do know that you can run java 7 plugins fine on java 8 right? So setting the build path to java 8 won't do anything.

10. I think i might have misunderstood his questions. I thought he was talking about his server is java 7, while his plugins are java 8. I was telling him to set his plugins to java 8 because i wasnt paying attention to the question :p Thank you for fixing that xD

11. Offline

Hex_27

@Tyler Christensen No... I'm saying my client's server version is Java 8, but my plugin is Java 7, but the plugin is giving a major minor version error.

12. Offline

nverdier

@Hex_27 52 is compiled in Java 8. Are you sure you aren't compiling in Java 8?

13. Offline

Hex_27

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.