[UnSolved] Making a player mine a block faster, Or mine it at normal speed?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Fallen_Advent, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Fallen_Advent

Ok, So this is what I need some help with,

1. What event would I use, BLOCK_DAMAGE or BLOCK_BREAK.

2. How would I make the block break faster

Anyone that can help me out, It would be vastly appreciated.

2. Offline

DDoS

To increase the mining speed without making it insta-mining, I think you'll have to use Spout, and change the hardness of a material, or something like that, I can't really remember. I don't think Bukkit has any methods that allow you to do that.

If you just want insta-mining, listen for a player interact event, check if the action is LEFT_CLICK_BLOCK, and then get the state of the block, set it to air, and update the state.

3. Offline

Fallen_Advent

@DDoS Ok, I was wondering why I couldn't find anything that was working, I may look into spout, but as this is my first complex plugin (complexed in my opinion).

Pretty much the whole concept is,

there are 6 "clans", 4 clans are aligned to cirtain elements, Fire, Water, Earth, Air, then there are 2 that are aligned with the White/Dark type of stuff, So for lack of a better term, Its a typical RPG plugin, But custom to my server.

Fire -- Immunity to Fire/Lava

Water -- Immunity to Drowning, and possibly normal mining speed underwater

Earth -- (Was hoping for the faster mining, And maybe faster bow charge rate) Any suggestions on this would be amazing

Air -- This wont be managed by this plugin, It will be run by a Zombe Mod blocker, All Air clan users will be able to use FlyMod

Light -- Their character will glow (Not sure if this can be done with standard bukkit methods)

Dark -- Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders will all ignore the user

So this is pretty much what I am planning, So if you have any advice or opinions just let me know ^_^ and thank you for the information that you have given me thus far.

4. Offline

Icelaunche

how cna you make somthing instamine?

5. Offline

Fallen_Advent

@Icelaunche He explained it in the second part of his post

6. Offline

Icelaunche

derp. so you would check if theres a pick first then do left click block the set to air?

7. Offline

Sleaker

8. Offline

Fallen_Advent

@Sleaker But this option isn't available until we have a 1.9/Minecraft 0.1/1.0/whatever version of bukkit, So until then I dont think that I can complete this plugin, Which is ok, cause I wasn't considering adding this to my server until that happens.

9. Offline

Sleaker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.