Question Unmirroring multiverse worlds in groupmanager

Discussion in 'General Help' started by R0bstar, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello forum,

Sorry for this long post, but I hope to be complete in what I did so far.

I was recently bombarded as admin on a Minecraft server, and then the main admin left and the other one got busy doing other things. And the third admin is good at stuff in-game but not at plugins etc.

It's a steep learning curve, but no catastrophies happened. I was careful enough.

We decided to move to a new world, so I generated new worlds with Multiverse. The first thing that happened was that I was moved to the default group. Still don't understand why. Groups are based on peoples number of votes and perks are not critical in that people gain or lose OP rights or something. OP rights are per user and not by group.

Also some people were reset to the default group and others weren't, even though they didn't even enter the new world or were not even online. I fixed those few exceptions with /manuadd, wondered what happened, and went on.

I then mirrored the new worlds like so:
    OLD
    world:
    world_nether:
    - users
    world_the_end:
    - users
    all_unnamed_worlds:
    - users

NEW
    world:
    world_nether:
    - users
    world_the_end:
    - users
    world2:
    - users
    - groups
    world2_nether:
    - users
    - groups
    all_unnamed_worlds:
    - users

I wasn't sure why the groups were not mirrored before, it made sense to me that they should be. In hindsight I should have added this config before creating the new worlds, I think.

However, in some time everyone will be on the new worlds and I want to turn off the old worlds.
    Also, I still have to render the new end.
    What is the best way to do these two things?

In my mind I would copy over the groups and users files from the folder "world" to "world2" and then change the main config file to this:

NEWER:

world2:
    world2_nether:
    - users
    - groups
    world2_the_end:
    - users
    - groups
    all_unnamed_worlds:
    - users

But I think this will result in everyone losing their group membership (which would be fixable cause we only have like 20 regular players) but maybe even more trouble would arise and I don't like surprises.

What is your opinion?
    Do you know why those group tags are lost? Is there another file that I need to copy over that contains peoples group information?

I'd like to fully understand these two plugins, because I want to know what I'm doing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.