Unknown console command after every command.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Daniel Few, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Daniel Few

Hello guys! I don't know if anyone else if having this problem, but here is my information:

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?
    Windows 7

2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)?
    x64

3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.)
    If you run any GNU/Linux, run this command to get all 3:
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_25" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_25-b06) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)
    4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc?

5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.)
    (Linux users: zgrep -i version craftbukkit.jar). Builds 267+ have the build number in the top of the server.log.
    Craftbukkit v803

6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?

7. What plugins are you running?
    Ok, this is where it gets confusing.
    Ready for this list?
    1. AngryWolves
    2. AnyReg
    3. BlastControl
    4. BurningMobs
    5. ButtonWarp
    6. ChatCensor
    7. Citizens
    8. DailyBonus
    9. Graveyard
    10. iConomy
    11. iConomyDeath
    12. Jail
    13. LevelCraft - Complete suit
    14. LimitSpawnsLite
    15. LocalShops
    16. Lottery
    17. LWC
    18. MCDocs
    19. ModTRS
    20. MonsterHunt
    21. nChat
    22. NoCheat
    23. NoLeafDecay
    24. NoWeather
    25. OpenInv
    26. Permissions
    27. PhatLoots
    28. PlgDisableCommand_op
    29. Residence
    30. ShopAds
    31. Showcase
    32. SignEdit
    33. SignReadMore
    34. NightWatch - my own, but I'm pretty sure it's not effecting this
    35. Stats
    36. TimeShift
    37. Tombstone
    38. Turnstile
    39. WorldEdit
    8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file if possible)?
    NONE

9. What have you tried already?
    I can't think of anything to try, however I wonder wheather it is effected by MCDocs as its not finding a txt file with the command names I'm trying.
    The MCDoc commands don't make errors.

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Since when do you have this problem? Since you installed a new plugin or something?
    Otherwise I would recommend removing every plugin and place them back one by one (yes, that's a hell of a lot of work, but you can place 20+ in there already, since you probally are quite sure about some plugins not causing this error)

3. Offline

Daniel Few

Hmm ye thanks for replying. Just though I'd ask before I start removing them :)
    I'll try that now.
    And I dunno when it started, just noticed it. I'm setting a server up fully b4 releasing and I do testing all the time, so I usually don't notice the messages that come up unless I need to know what they say.

4. Offline

Lolmewn

oh right. Good luck with finding the problem anywayz!

5. Offline

Daniel Few

-DanJames

6. Offline

Takel

I'm adding my report of having the same issues, only it's not happening with all commands.

Server config:
    Java Runtime:
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)
    CraftBukkit Build: 803
    Wrappers: MCServerGUI
    No additional parameters used for CraftBukkit

Plugin List:
    AutoSave
    Backup
    Bandages
    BetterShop
    CommandBook
    ecoCreature
    GravelClay
    GrowingOre
    HelpCenter
    HeroicDeath
    HigherExplosives
    iConomy
    KeepGrowing
    LimitSpawns
    MCDocs
    mcMMO
    MCTelnet
    MinecartMania
    Money2XP
    Paid2Mine
    PerformanceTweaks
    Permissions
    QuickBelt
    RedstoneChips
    ScrollingMenuSign
    Showcase
    WorldBorder
    WorldEdit
    WormholeXTreme
    WormholeXTremeWorlds

No errors on the server console or the log. I've noticed that in build 803 of CraftBukkit, there are no longer any server console messages when someone attempts to perform an unknown server command.

Steps taken:
    This problem does not occur with every command. Some commands such as the hooked /help and all WorldEdit commands does not have any problems. All CommandBook commands have no problem. minecartMania commands have no problems.
    Commands which I use to test for the problem include:
    /bank; /money; /sms; /shop; /buy; sell
    /shop, /buy, /sell (BetterShop commands) do not give the message when used with parameters.
    /bank gives the message with none and any parameters
    /sms only gives the message without any parameters.
    Disabled and selectively enabled all plug ins. The client side error notification occurs when attempting to execute those commands with only that plug-in enabled (eg: /money with only iConomy enabled).

I updated my server to build 803 five days ago but did not use any of the affected commands in the interim period. I installed ScrollingMenuSign yesterday and enabled the iConomy bank function and noticed the messages when setting up the plug-ins and commands.

When the console did not specify which command was invalid so I attempted to execute known unknown commands such as /blah. No console messages indicating an unknown server command. I recall that the no console messages on an invalid server command has been the normal behaviour ever since 803 was used as my server computer is RDC'd so I can make configuration changes as I test things and I do notice when I stuff up a WorldEdit command and the error pops up in the console, or in the case with 803, didn't.

Rolling back to CraftBukkit build 798, the affected commands no longer give the invalid server command message and the console reports any invalid server commands attempted as expected.

7. Offline

Daniel Few

@Takel
    I'm gunna try removing MCDocs because I think the confusion with no text file could be causing this issue.
    -DanJames

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.