Unknown Commands

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by splittingeve, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

splittingeve

So, I've recently set up the basic, latest server. Seems to run fine, no connections issues anyway. But none of the commands have any effect (yes, I am listed as the op). It's claimed on the main dl page that the basic commands work 'out of the box' as they put it, so I assumed there wasn't something additional I had to do.

Regardless of the command I attempt to use (I type them directly from the list of commands linked to that page that says useable 'out of the box'), not a single one is recognized. Any command returns a 'unknown command' error.

I am rather new to this, and could easily be missing something. After perusing every Goggle hit I could find on the subject (not many, really), I wound up here. The 'help' on those few hits I got consist of pages full of Java with little to no explanation of what it's supposed to do/mean, where it's placed, etc.

I use no plugins as yet, need no particular permissions, etc so haven't messed with that (it's only one other friend and myself on the server). I changed only what would spawn or not, and added us to 'ops'. No other changes were made.

Any help on what's going on here would be greatly appreciated! thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.