Solved Unable to Locate Sign???

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Sigong, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sigong

what does this error mean? and how can i fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Offline

MyPictures

Can we have more info's please? (server.log and plugin list)

3. Offline

Sigong

plugins i have are: AcceptdaRules, Announcer, Chairs, ColoredSigns, Deathnotifier, Disguisecraft, Endercrystalizer, EndlessEnchant, Essentials (all of them), logblock, LWC, MInequery, Mobjockeys, Multiverse-core, Orebfusticator, playerskulls, POtioncraft, Pvpwatch, Rideit, Sentry, Showcasestandalone, SImplespleef, Skylandsplus, SPectate, Spider jockey, stargate, Treeassist, vanishnopacket, vengeance, Voidgenerator, Worldedit, worldguard

When I log on, nothing loads, no blocks no nothing, but I can still use the chat. The unable to locate sign error only appears when i use a command such as /spawn.

4. Offline

fifty_seven

I got this error too, and it kicked out all people with an end of stream. Even a chunk was unloaded when the error pops up. I fixed it by disabling my mobarena. Do you use the mobarena? Just do /ma disable

5. Offline

Sigong

I dont use mob arena. BTW this error only happens when I use the latest 1.4.4 development build

6. Offline

midnightfang22

I got this earlier when I did //regen on an area using worldedit and it did it for 3 lines, but hasn't since. Not sure if that is related at all.

7. Offline

AKlarvanto

Same problem with unable to locate sign x y z. I removed mobarena.jar from plugins folder and problem is fixed.

FOLLOWUP: Actually it came back. This time I went to location where "sign" was missing and I filled area with signs. Stopped and started server and remove one sign. I did this one sign at the time all the way to the last sign. After last sign was removed I placed blocks back how it was before. Restarted server again. Now it has been 2 hours and I have not received messages anymore even I put mobarena.jar back to plugins directory and it works.

8. Offline

microlizard

I had the same issue on all recent development builds. Disabling Orebfuscator solved the issue for me.

Sigong likes this.
  9. Offline

tobbie

I had this problem to, i updated Orebfuscator and the problem was solved! Try that

Sigong likes this.
  10. Offline

Sigong

Ok I updated orebfuscator but when I join a server it 503s so there might be a delay until I get to test
    Update: It works now. Thanks.

11. Offline

RastaMiner

Yeah I had the same problem, stupidly I didn't realize there was an orebfuscator update. Thanks guys.

12. Offline

six_shooter

my error: Unable to locate sign at X Y Z

Here, I think it's due to a WireLessRedstone sign that I have removed (from that exact location), of which I have also removed the channel belonging to it. It only appears when I activate a redstone system about 10 blocks away from where the sign once stood (and about after the 6th until the 9th loop of that same system it appears. When I create a sign on that specific location, the message won't appear while the "next-door" redstone-system is doing it's loops.

recapitulating:
    On the coordinates given, the only thing ever placed by a player, was a wireless-redstone sign.
    The sign did not give any errors before deleting it.
    My wireless-redstone mod is out of date!
    placing a sign on that location (with any text) fixes the problem

I have NO clue why it only gives the error in a specific part of a loop of a total unrelated yet close-by system..

I run these serverside mods: CraftBukkit 1.4.6.R03:
    WorldEdit, PluginFake, DisableMobs, NoSpawnEggs2, BurningMobs, WirelessRedstone, PasswordProtect, FireWorks, Lockette,Welcomemessagezz, bLift, WorldGuard, MobileAdmin, CCTV Camera, dynmap, Essentials, Dynmap-Worldguard, some other essentials-plugins i won't worry about, since they are standard things....

Just my two pennies,

SiX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.