unable to bind port?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by aeroflight, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

aeroflight

im not exactly new at bukkit, my server has been running on it for a few months. i had problems with installing pluggins, and i decided to try that again. when i tried starting up my server, it gave me a message saying unable to bind to port... i have been using the port for like 3 or 4 months and never had a problem with it...

2. Offline

jsm

Are you using windows or mac? (I use mac :D)
    Try quiting/force quitting terminal or whatever your using.
    Reopen terminal or whatever.
    Restart your computer.

The error basically is saying that you already have another server running. To solve this problem you have to restart your computer for a definate answer, OR you quit out of your console all the way. (I.e. i use terminal, so i would force quit terminal on my mac)

Hope this helped :)

3. Offline

DT_Rush

There are a few things you can try:
    1. In Task Manager if you see Java.exe right click that and click End Process

2. Your Internal IP may have changed (I.e. say it was 192.168.1.4 it might have changed to 192.168.1.3) which makes a difference. If your Internal has changed then you have to port forward again.

4. Offline

Mdcouron1996

all you need to do is port forward and enter the new ip address inside server.properties file or you can use hamachi if you like but same thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.