unable to access jarfile craftbukkit-0.0.1 -SNAPSHOT.jar

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CrimsonRising, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CrimsonRising

I can't launch bukkit. A black box appears and says.

"unable to access jarfile craftbukkit-0.0.1 -SNAPSHOT.jar
    Press any key to continue"

Everything is setup properly. Don't know what's causing it. Help.

2. Offline

Orcworm

What does your startup script look like?

3. Offline

Plague

I think you have it named .jar.jar instead of .jar since windows hide extensions. remove .jar from the name.

4. Offline

Andre_9796

And make also sure that the name in the launcher is the same as the one of the file.

5. Offline

byzantinian

No it's not, or it would launch. Your startup script path for craftbukkit-0.0.1 -SNAPSHOT.jar does not match the directory and/or filename of where it is actually located and/or what it is actually named. I personally renamed my "craftbukkit-0.0.1 -SNAPSHOT.jar " to just "craftbukkit.jar" but then I got the same "unable to access jar" if I didn't change the name in the startup script.

6. Offline

D Ghys

I got the same as byzantinian and Crimson Rising

7. Offline

xDeAdlyBeAtZx

i have the same problem, i have tried every version around the 1000 mark and it just doesnt work

8. Offline

Starfox275

So I have the same problem. The same message that everyone is getting but I double clicked on the craftbukkit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file and all the files load and all the "properties and plugins" folders appear, but no Command prompt box appears and you can't connect to the server or stop it. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

OK so I found the problem! Rename the .jar file "craftbukkit-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT' The "1.0.0" Is Misspelled. rename it and it should work!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  9. Offline

jedislayer98

i renamed it and it doesnt work. please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Offline

TnT

I suggest you double check the file name of the craftbukkit file you downloaded, and the file name in your .bat file.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.