Ubuntu Server Question - Starting CB Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Liger_XT5, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Liger_XT5

I followed the information found here, like I did for my first server, which was a windows CB Server. Runs Great for just y and a few friends.
    I decided to move it to a VBox machine, Kubuntu 10.10, and been having issues. Though I'm still new to Linux, I have a fair bit knowledge.

I rune the serverstart.sh from the terminal, Konsole, and I get the error of:
    Unrecognized option: -Xingc
    Could not create the Java virtual machine.

I figured that since the Kubuntu OS was a fresh install, I still had a few things to install. What I have been able to find out is, Java is installed, with Java-6-openjdk.

The main reason I'm doing this, I can simply save the OS state in VirtualBox at night and start it back up and it would run as if it never shut down.
    (Messed around with MineOS, but I feel it's limited and I can't expand it from just a simple MC Server.)

2. Offline

sumTard

its Xincgc not Xingc

3. Offline

Liger_XT5

lol, I just followed the guide that came in the .sh I downloaded at:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/how-to-install-bukkit-newb-friendly.245/

I'll change the code error myself and let it rip again.

edit:
    I thought I'd mention last night I had to change some of the code because it tried to start a file called craftbukkit.jar when it was called craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar instead.

4. Offline

TnT

5. Offline

Liger_XT5

I got it up and running with the minor changes. Just having the fun of figuring out why this and that isn't functioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.