Ubuntu 12.04 And Bukkit --URGENT

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Obliviator, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Obliviator

Hey there!

Im getting 123% cpu with 15 players on right now.
    Back when I used 11.10 for the OS, it could cope with 40 players before getting above 100% cpu.

Specs:
    2x Dual Core 2.6GHz CPUs
    8GB RAM
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server Edition
    MCMyAdmin 2.1.1.6

Also another issue, Ive allocated 5GB of RAM to the server, and its using up all 8GB of it.
    Is that meant to happen or am I missing a parameter?

I can provide more details on request if needed.

Thanks.

EDIT:
    Plugins (51): WorldBorder, PlugMan, Buycraft, Vault, Multiverse-Core, MCDocs, DisguiseCraft, ProperTime, Votifier, mcMMO, LagMeter, Slap, MobCatcher, WorldEdit, NoCheatPlus, Multiverse-Inventories, Multiverse-NetherPortals, PermissionsEx, LogBlock, WorldGuard, mChatSuite, MineBackup, ChangeSilkTouch, iConomy, iBank, ReportRTS, MasterPromote, mcbans, RedstoneClockDetector, Modifyworld, SimpleSpleef, FalseBookCore, MyWarp, ButtonWarp, AutoAnnouncer, Essentials, XrayInformer, Multiverse-Portals, Superpickaxe, HomeSpawnPlus, FalseBookCart, FalseBookBlock, VanishNoPacket, LWC, AutoRank, PreciousStones, SimpleSignEdit, GoinRound, ChestShop, DeathTpPlus, ecoCreature

A similar setup ran fine on Ubuntu 11.10

2. Offline

j_selby

Any other changes other then the upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 12.04?
    *EDIT* Slaps forehead -not Ubuntu 12.10 :p

3. Offline

Obliviator

12.04 is an LTS, so I shouldnt need to upgrade to 12.10, and its still in alpha isnt it?

4. Offline

j_selby

12.04 is stable but I am not sure about 12.10. You can stay with 12.04 happilly.

5. Offline

Obliviator

Yeah, but I still have the problems in the OP.

Oh, Now that you've edited your post:
    I'm posting about how 12.04 doesnt perform as well as 11.10 did.
    I am on 12.04 right now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  6. Offline

HunterT

Make sure you have the latest recommended build, because there is a significant improvement between R1-R2

7. Offline

zok

I run on Ubuntu Server 12.04 run my server on a Xeon E3-1270 with 16gb ram and for some reason I'd say it ran better on a x6 1090T from amd with 6gb with windows T-T I'll be switching to centos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.