Ubuntu 11.04 server unable to access jarfile

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Aramillio, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aramillio

I am trying to build a bukkit server. I recently installed Ubuntu Server 11.04 (Tomcat java installation) on the machine. Also I have installed java6 jdk, jre, bin along with openssh.

edit: also openjdk is installed on the machine.

I mounted my flash drive and successfully copied all the files and folders to a new drive at /home/(foldername).

i tried the standard .sh given and i keep getting the error:

No such file or directoryhome/(foldername)
    Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

With means to me means the script is not writing the path correctly. So I tried to run the java initialization in the folder with the file in it. Still I get:

Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

This to me means that it still may or may not be seeing the right files. When I do a ls it shows the craftbukkit build in there.

Please help.

Aramillio

2. Offline

Yudaz

Ehm... That means that even:
    - That your Craftbukkit.jar file isnt there, or in the same folder...
    - Or that the name of the Craftbukkit.jar file isnt: craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    - Or last opinion that the Run.bat file has wrong thing written... It should say:

@Echo OFF SET BINDIR=%~dp0 CD /D "%BINDIR%" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar PAUSE

Or running 32-bit on a 64-bit machine:

@Echo OFF SET BINDIR=%~dp0 CD /D "%BINDIR%" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar PAUSE

If you have changed the name of the Craftbukkit.jar file, to example Craftbukkit...
    Then it should say:

@Echo OFF SET BINDIR=%~dp0 CD /D "%BINDIR%" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar Craftbukkit.jar PAUSE

Understood now? ;)

3. Offline

Aramillio

@Echo OFF SET BINDIR=%~dp0 CD /D "%BINDIR%" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar PAUSE

this is windows, no?

im running linux

ok, so in all my digging, this is all i could come up with. But this seems to fix the problem.
    I ended up using this initializing line:

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar (bukkit jarname here)

instead of:

java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar (bukkit jarname here)

i found this information here:

http://www.yourwarrantyisvoid.com/2011/01/09/installing-minecraft-server-in-ubuntu-server/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.