UBCleverBot a Self Responding Bot (Thats Clever)

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by BradleyFlorence, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Plugin category: Enjoyment

Suggested name: UBCleverBot

What I want: Have you ever Heard of CleverBot? Well if not... Its a Plugin that is Self Respondable. This plugin will take the Cleverbot.com API and use it to respond to a Bot in game with any message You ask it. With the File Automatically... It responds to any message you ask it so If you say "Hi" it may say "Hello." Or "How are you doing"? The Usable API for CleverBot can be found here: https://github.com/pierredavidbelanger/chatter-bot-api

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: UBCleverBot.use (allows use of the Bot)

When I'd like it by:
    1 to 2 Days.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Ruby? what is that? If its not the correct API ill look into it more.

Edit: Nevermind, i understand now. I was also able to find the Correct Java API. API = https://github.com/pierredavidbelanger/chatter-bot-api

I tried to create the Plugin earlier today but I had Trouble Creating the Jar with the API so I had to add this in this section.

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  4. Offline

BradleyFlorence

5. Offline

BradleyFlorence

6. Hi. I have started work on the plugin. Should be done tomorrow. :)

7. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Awesome!!! But for the Plugin name could it be UberCleverBot? Also when the bot starts up I'd like it to be something where somebody says "Bot" for him to start up or "Goodbye" for him to shutdown. I would not like any commands have to be used for this. Also I'd like the permission to have use of the bot to be UberCleverBot.use Thanks!

8. Does each person have a personal bot? Or is it a server wide thing?

9. Offline

BradleyFlorence

It is a Server Wide thing, once somebody starts a Convo with him anybody can talk to him and anybody can stop him

10. Do you want permissions so that only certain people can start/end the bot conversation?

11. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Yeah the permission would be ubercleverbot.use

12. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Well, it is now Tomorrow have you finished the plugin yet?

13. Offline

BradleyFlorence

You still workin on the Plugin? It has been 2 Days now.

14. Offline

@BradleyFlorence User hasn't been online yet.....
    And making plugins takes time, he might be busy with other things that are more important.

15. Offline

BradleyFlorence

@timtower
    But he said and I quote
    I know plugins take time to create but he said it will be done by tomorrow and it has been 3 Days Now. :)

16. Offline

17. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Yeah

Hopefully he didn't blow me off. This is a Very Important plugin to me.

18. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Alright he has given up the Plugin. Anybody else willing to create this?
    #Bump

19. Offline

567legodude

@BradleyFlorence Ive actually already made a plugin that does this, I can modify it to have the permission. It doesn't use cleverbot as the service to talk though, it uses a different service called PandoraBots. But, with this service you can actually tell the bot to respond a certain way. Example: You can tell it to give your players info when they ask for admin.

EDIT:
    You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4am3h4i6duntbmx/UBbot.jar?dl=0
    In the config you put the ID of your bot.
    You can create an account and make a bot here: http://pandorabots.com/botmaster/en/home
    Or use the id "cbad95b5fe34d65d" if you can't figure out how to create a bot; put that in the config.
    Any player with the permission "ubercleverbot.use" can talk to it. To talk to the bot, they simply have to begin their chat message with the ">" character.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  20. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Could you Modify this Plugin to be a Custom plugin for my server?

EDIT: Could you change the name to UberCleverBot?

21. Offline

Custom plugin? What do you mean with that? What do you need custom about it?
    And why the name change?

22. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Because of my server is almost an All custom plugin server.

In other words I really think I should either hire a Developer or learn Java once I get my server kickstarted.

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

23. Offline

@BradleyFlorence But what would be custom about it? The name? Rename the jar, open the jar, change the plugin.yml. Done

24. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Just a Custom name and Permission to make it where nobody can download it/keep it private. How do I change the Plugin via NetBeans? Thats what I use.

25. Offline

26. Offline

BradleyFlorence

What do u mean?

27. Plugins on this thread or website has to be publicly released, that's why people hire developers

28. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Alright, then which section on these Forums can I hire Devs for my server?

29. Offline

567legodude

@BradleyFlorence We're not allowed to discuss private plugins here, they say all messages must stay on the forums.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  30. Offline

BradleyFlorence

bump, This plugin that he made, does not work. Everytime I add the ID in the Config, InGame it says No id found and resets the Config

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.