Tutorial for Permissions Beginners

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ThePoopfish, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZedMalmoux

nope but recently i am getting this error
    Code:
    17:31:41 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    17:31:41 [SEVERE]    at com.gmail.nossr50.Metrics.postPlugin(Metrics.java:272)
    17:31:41 [SEVERE]    at com.gmail.nossr50.Metrics.access$100(Metrics.java:27)
    17:31:41 [SEVERE]    at com.gmail.nossr50.Metrics$1.run(Metrics.java:163)
    17:31:41 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    17:31:41 [SEVERE]    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

2. Offline

ThePoopfish

Then you probably have the PEX chatmanager enabled, you need to disable that so it won't interfere with herochat?

3. Offline

ZedMalmoux

How do i do that?

Also is it better to have a hamachi or to port forward? i like hamachi better because its easier but is there a way so that my friends dont have to all download hamachi? thnx

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

Omnitv

I use Hamachi whenever i need to experiment/Test on plugins on my server, and it really isn't that good up to 5 players.
    I use my router ip/portfrofward on my main server a lot better, and i mean better.

Hamachi tutorial link (Video) LINK

5. Offline

ZedMalmoux

Yea I used hamachi and I got to the 5 limit so I went to port forwarding and I got it up and running. It just doesn't let my friends join for some reason?

Do u have a clue to why my friends can't join?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  6. Offline

ThePoopfish

what is the message they get when they are unable to connect. It could be a port forwarding issue.

7. Offline

ZedMalmoux

The server works... I can go on it, just for my friends it just the server doesn't show that it's online?

8. Offline

ThePoopfish

are you connecting through localhost? or your ip?

9. Offline

ZedMalmoux

My computers ip

10. Offline

Omnitv

ipv-4? through hamachi? or your computers True ip. some people get confused by that

11. Offline

ThePoopfish

:/

that ^

are you using private ip, public ip, or using the "localhost" address?

12. Offline

ZedMalmoux

im using my computers true ip im pretty sure... how i check?

and poopfish..... how do i know?

13. Offline

Omnitv

Go to your command prompt type > ipconfig <
    you will see this.
    THIS IS ALL 2 years old.. just to say and it was heavily edited

Capturevv.PNG

14. Offline

ZedMalmoux

i have a mac... and i knowo u do ifconfig

15. Offline

Omnitv

Could have used this info earlier...coz then i have no clue.

16. Offline

ThePoopfish

http://www.whatismyip.com/ <public ip, this is what people need to join your server
    your private Ip, is an internal IP address if you use that, no one will be able to join

17. Offline

ZedMalmoux

Omnitv it doesnt make much a difference... and ThePoopFish thanx a lot :D ill see if they can jion :D

18. Offline

ThePoopfish

19. Offline

Omnitv

20. Offline

Blackout8099

You can have more than 5 people through hamachi i have done it if you want to know how inbox me :)

21. Offline

Omnitv

Not to be rude or anything but, have you checked the time stamp?

22. Offline

Kamikazesk0

Hope I get replied, but I'v recentrly started using PEX to set up a simple 4-world server for me and my friends.
    Everything was fine until i ran into some weird messages on the commandline, but weirdly, and after i used Yaml Parser, i found that using a ' instead of a " on my Moderator groups prefix was making it all go wild.

After that, everything seemed fine, until I kept getting the The server can't keep up! Did the time change and whatnot message. I parsed it again and it says everything is fine. There are some more plugins i wish to use, but I'm mainly trying to use permissions with them, one at a time, test, and move on to the next one.

I can't figure out why the message keeps popping up, and it's laggin my server quite a bit, so anyone knows why?
    Here's the code:

And many thank you's from me to you! :D
    Code:
    groups:
      default:
        prefix: '&7(&dNABO&7)&c'
        default: true
        options:
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.chat
        - -simplewarps.usesign
        - -simplewarps.list
        - -simplewarps.warpothers
        - -simplewarps.changeuseop
        - -simplewarps.reload
        - -simplewarps.addwarp
      Member:
        prefix: '&7(&1Membro&7)&f '
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.*
        - simplewarps.usesign
        inheritance:
        options:
      Moderator:
        prefix: "&7(&2Moderador&7)&2 '
        permissions:
        - simplewarps.list
        - simplewarps.warpothers
        options:
        inheritance:
      Admins:
        prefix: '&7(&4BIG_BOSS&7)&6 '
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.*
        - permissions.*
        - simplewarps.list
        - simplewarps.warpothers
        - simplewarps.changeuseop
        - simplewarps.reload
        - simplewarps.addwarp
        - simplewarps.setsign
        - simplewarps.usesign
        - simplewarps.warps.*
        options:
    users:
      tester:
        group:
      Kamikazesk0:
        group:
        - Admins

23. Kamikazesk0 I am new myself and would like to know how you set up the extra worlds. I just cant seem to get my thoughts around it. And as for Zed, I do not know if you got it fixed but I had the same problem with the prefix's with PEX I found it by chance and end of adding them in game with the /pex command, they worked after that.

24. Offline

Omnitv

Code:
    groups:
      default:
        prefix: '&7(&dNABO&7)&c'
        default: true
        options:
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.chat
        - -simplewarps.usesign
        - -simplewarps.list
        - -simplewarps.warpothers
        - -simplewarps.changeuseop
        - -simplewarps.reload
        - -simplewarps.addwarp
      Member:
        prefix: '&7(&1Membro&7)&f'
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.*
        - simplewarps.usesign
        inheritance:
        options:
      Moderator:
        prefix: "&7(&2Moderador&7)&2'
        suffix: ''
        permissions:
        - simplewarps.list
        - simplewarps.warpothers
        options:
        inheritance:
      Admins:
        prefix: '&7(&4BIG_BOSS&7)&6'
        suffix: ''
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.*
        - permissions.*
        - simplewarps.list
        - simplewarps.warpothers
        - simplewarps.changeuseop
        - simplewarps.reload
        - simplewarps.addwarp
        - simplewarps.setsign
        - simplewarps.usesign
        - simplewarps.warps.*
        options:
    users:
      tester:
        group:
      Kamikazesk0:
        group:
        - Admins
    Added suffix aswell should work

Server cant keep up message happens when the server is overloaded, foe example one million flowers drop in one area, and freezes the server up. (happened to me and i spawned it in) and maybe you did not allocate enguf RAM to the server.

25. Offline

Kamikazesk0

Awesome, thanks, i'll try and look into allocating more RAM to the server. AS soon as I test this, I'm informing ^^

I haven't added any worlds within PEX permissions file, but what I did pretty much was set up 2 test servers, one to test plugins freely, along with multi-worlds, and the other where I work on PEX and add the plugins I tested previously no the first server, one by one.

If you're asking how to add more than one world and per-world permissions on PEX, I don't know, I haven't got that far yet. If you're asking me how to have more than one world working on your server, you being able to switch worlds and so on, it's pretty easy. Just go on Bukkitdev, and browse along the Teleportation category. There are several plugins referring to warps (which you can look into but that's not what we're talking about here), and there are some like MyWorlds (the one I use), Stargates, WormHole. (Some names might not correspond, I don't really know how to work with any but MyWorlds).

Regarding MyWorlds, simply put the plugin in the plugins folder, start, shut, a restart the server, and from then on, you just have to load the worlds ingame through commands, and you can build portals to access each world and so on. But all of this is thouroughly explained in MyWorlds BukkitDev page ^^

26. Offline

Kamikazesk0

I already had some memory allocated, or at least I think so, but since the modifications you made to the code, I didn't get any other problem or any message ond the cmd line, so tyvm! I might drop by for further questions :)

27. Offline

zipron

seems like a nice tutorial, good job =)

28. Offline

Kamikazesk0

Hello again, I have 2 more questions I was hoping you guys could answer, regardig permissions and plugins:

I- I've built the permissions almost to its full extent regarding the plugins I'm using, but I found an issue, as I did the following:

• Promoted and demoted myself from default to admin, and every plugin works fine, but on groups Default & Member (the ones with most restrictions), I was able to, as an OP on the bukkit OPs file, change gamemode, time, give command, and all those other OP related commands. And that's my problem, I'm fine with my Admin & Moderator group having those priviledges, but not my first 2 groups. How do I deny them these commands? Are there any nodes from bukkit I can use on PEX?
    II- I'm currently using SimpleWarps on the server, as it's simple, easy to config on PEX and works like a charm, even between worlds. But I have a question, is there any plugin that allows me to load more than one world on start, rather than having a multiworld plugin that screws up my portals. I basically wanted the whole "nether & the end" realms to be as they are, you craft the portal, or you find one, and off you go. These plugins load the world and alter the mechanics of portals, and I wanted to use SimpleWarps to access my custom worlds, but being able to load these without affecting nether and the end teleportation... any ideas?

29. Offline

zipron

On your first point: OPs always have permission for all commands, and there isn't a node to deny it as far as I know because OP permissions are hard coded in plugins.

30. Offline

Kamikazesk0

dang, that sucks, but regarding give commands and time commands, any thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.