Turn-based PVP

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Desle, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Offline

Desle

First of all, I do create plugins, although I am not experienced enough to make something like this.

Concept
    Instead of the normal PVP, I'd like it turn-based.
    If you don't know what I'm talking about, I got inspired by the game Southpark: Stick Of Truth, you could check that out for a more clearer vision.

Starting the fight
    To begin the fight, you will have to hit the other player. From there, a 10x10 area around the attacker will get copied to a void world that is reserved for this plugin, that it will create on loading, if it doesn't already exist. This could take a while, I'm guessing, so maybe give them blindness for some time and play a sound. They will get teleported to the 10x10 area that is pasted in the reserved world.
    Every other player will be set invisible, just for safety.

Fighting
    The fighting is ofcourse turn based, to when the fight starts, the attacker gets to start off.
    There is also a time limit for each turn. If they don't attack fast enough, their turn will get skipped.
    If it's not your turn, your inventory is empty, moving to different blocks and interacting is disabled.
    Once it is your turn, your inventory will get restored and you will be able to move and interact again.

Ending the fight
    The fight will end once one of the players have died, or waited too long and skipped their turn 3 times in a row. For the player that wins, will get teleported where he was before entering the void world after a short time, while a blindness potion is activated and the levelup sound is played.
    After all this, the 10x10 area created at the start, will get removed again.

Other mechanics to note
    The 10x10 area around the played will get copied inside a box without a roof, and not too heigh walls, made out of coal blocks.

I do not want permissions for this. Anyone will have turn-based PVP enabled.
    I believe commands are not needed, but if they are, go ahead.

2. Offline

PotatoTears

Great idea! I watched PewDiePie play South Park: The Stick of Truth.

snivell likes this.
  3. Offline

hunajameloni

Same

and this would be awesome :d I knew someone would make this post.

4. Offline

Desle

Early bump.. sorry.

5. Desle Wouldn't this just ensure that the person with the better stuff won? Or, if they're about the same stuff, the person in better condition or whoever attacked first

6. Offline

Desle

AdamQpzm
    True, although in combination with special items that can harm the player in different ways, will change this a bit.

7. Offline

Desle

B......ump..

8. Offline

Onlineids

Hmm. Might try to do this how you want it to look? Like player 1 starts fight. Player 2 starts frozen, once is hit unfrozen while player 1 frozen?

9. Offline

Desle

Onlineids
    Yes, once hit, your turn is over. Thank you!

10. Offline

Onlineids

Hmm I might be able to do this. So say notch and me get in fight. Notch swings at me. We get teleported just under bedrock above void 10x10 room. We are both frozen count down starts at when it ends im frozen notch can hit me once he hits me hes teleported back to his corner and im unfrozen. This continues until one of us dies then loser is respawned while winner is put back to place where fight was initiated. This good?

11. Offline

Desle

Onlineids
    Yes, perfect!
    If you can do me another favor, can you show me the progress you made on github, so I can keep track and learn?

12. Offline

Onlineids

Just beginning in coding so not used to github but I can give it a try. Also not experienced with doing what you want with the platform but i'll see what I can do:)

Desle
    Oh and also how are is the first turn decided? You want it random or whoever intiates fight gets first turn?

EDIT: Also I am assuming that you want regen turned off while in that region

13. Offline

hunajameloni

Onlineids
    Im not OP
    But I think the challenged player should start.
    And Desle
    How you can challenge someone? You hit them once?

14. Offline

Onlineids

Assuming he wants it so everytime player takes damage if damage is player initiate entire plugin

hunajameloni Desle
    Ahh didnt see this "The fighting is ofcourse turn based, to when the fight starts, the attacker gets to start off."
    Alright

15. Offline

hunajameloni

Onlineids
    Oh also op mentioned he wants attacker to start

16. Offline

Onlineids

Desle
    Alright well then ill get started if you want anything else added PM me. Ill set it up on Github once I have a solid plan.

17. Offline

hunajameloni

18. Offline

Onlineids

I plan to make it an official bukkit plugin. Github is just so he can track my progress
    Also Desle I wont be able to get a solid start till this weekend but ill have it pretty much mapped out by then

If anyone wants to have official updates check in every couple days or so after this weekend @ http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/turn-based-pvp/

Desle What is the purpose of setting everyone to invisble?

Desle likes this.
  19. Offline

Desle

20. Offline

Onlineids

xD kind of a pain to do that gonna avoid it considering they are gonna be underworld where noone can get them or vice versa

21. Offline

electro4fun

If the player is frozen then wouldn't the player with the best gear win?

22. Offline

Onlineids

Desle
    Couldn't work github I suck with it. But my progress so far is players are teleported to the 10x10 room upon attack. Just got to set up the actual turns and some of the other mechanics.

23. Offline

electro4fun

Onlineids How is it going? I can do this if you aren't able too. ;)

24. Offline

TarikBerk

I know this was asked before on this thread, but; wouldn't the person who has better armour or hit first get the kill except healing potions or soups were used.

25. Offline

Desle

TarikBerk

This, and having critical strikes and different damage for each turn, so its never a set damage number.