Trying to set up a server from college network

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Aestria, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aestria

So this is actually my friend that is trying to set up a server and he is on campus. I am not and would like to connect but no matter what we try the server does not show up at all. Running port scans constantly shows that all ports are closed. Everything is set up for the external IP address for his computer. My conclusion is that most likely something funky is happening with the college network. Are there any ways to get around this? Port forwarding is obviously not an option and he is only using the Windows firewall and I've allowed javaw and Minecraft_server.exe.

Code:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Wed Feb 06 21:49:47 EST 2013
    generator-settings=
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=Our World ^_^
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=
    max-build-height=256
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    snooper-enabled=true
    hardcore=false
    texture-pack=
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    gamemode=0
    max-players=20
    spawn-monsters=true
    view-distance=10
    generate-structures=true
    spawn-protection=16
    motd=A Minecraft Server

2. Offline

MysteryManX

I believe Hamachi can sort you out. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I know some people use it to get around school filters etc.

3. Offline

ohtwo

Depending on the university, they may allow your friend to host a server with the understanding that some ports will be blocked and that other web traffic take priority. Check out the school's IT department's website. You'll probably find something there. Alternatively, you can just rent a cheap server to save you the trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.