Transporting Server Items

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Jaackk, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jaackk

Plugin category: Admin/Developer Tools?

Suggested name: Item Server Transport

What I want:
    I'm looking for a plugin that can allow certain items (defined in configuration) to be transported from one server to another.

Once an item is transported from a players inventory on the Hub to one of the servers I would like it to run commands as soon as they log in (only one use). For example the player would right click the item and it would run a command like /kit MasterMind (player) as soon as they go into the relevant server.

I would like the items all to be the same if possible. What I mean by this is that all of the items would be for example 'paper' and they would have different names and lores. Players would know what the item does based on what the name and lore of it is. An example could be, a player has a piece of paper named "(Factions) MasterMind Kit" and the lore would be "Take this scroll to the relevant server to redeem it". I would like it so that items for one server can't be transported to another server. For example the "(Factions) MasterMind Kit" scroll would not transport to the players inventory if they connect to a Kit PVP server. The '(Factions)' part of this item is the server this item can be used on and layout can be configured in the config file. If the items being the same makes this a problem they can be different but it's preferred if they can be the same.

It isn't important that players can't create the items and rename them to be able to turn them into the 'scrolls' as the Hub server doesn't allow users to craft items anyway.

It is hugely important that the scrolls activate as soon as the player logs into the server with them then consumes them (one use).

The plugin could use a MySQL database to be able to know what items a player has on each server.

Here is an example of what I think the configuration file would look like:

Configuration (open)

mysql:

# MySQL Hostname
    hostname: localhost

# MySQL Username
    user: root

# MySQL Password
    pass: ''

# MySQL Database
    db: database

# MySQL Port
    port: '3306'
    tableNames:

#This is where you configure what your server will look like on a scroll
    Servers:
    Factions : '&7(&2Factions&7) &r'
    KitPVP: '&7(&3Kit PvP&7) &r'

#This is where you can create your items

Items:

1:
    ItemID: PAPER
    ItemName: '&6MasterMind Kit Scroll'
    ItemLore1: '&7Take this item to the relevant'
    ItemLore2: '&7server to redeem it.'
    #This is where you can tell the plugin which servers your item can be transported to.
    TransportServer: Factions
    RunCommands:
    Command1: Kit MasterMind %player%
    Command2: Broadcast %player% has redeemed a MasterMind Kit Scroll!

[​IMG]

2:
    ItemID:
    ItemName:
    ItemLore1:
    ItemLore2:
    #This is where you can tell the plugin which servers your item can be transported to.
    TransportServer:

Ideas for commands:

/ItemServerTransport <--- Must be able to run from console.
    alias: /ist
    /ist give (player) (item number in config) (amount) <--- Must be able to run from console.

Ideas for permissions:

itemservertransport.give

When I'd like it by:

Any time is fine, thank you very much for reading the request. If you have any thoughts, suggestions or anything else please comment! Sorry the request is such a mouthful, it was a little tricky to explain in less words.

Best Regards,
    Jack.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. Offline

MineGoldX

Here is my example we have 2 servers. I am a player on server 1 and I have a gold sword that I want to take to server 2. When I leave server 1 the information that says that I have a gold sword needs to be sent to server 2 at the same time the “information that is my gold sword” must be clear from server 1. When I get to server 2, I have my gold sword and I enchant it and return to server 1, the information on server 2 about my sword must be removed and be transfer to server 1.

At the time when I asked about this, it was not possible to do.

However a solution did present itself, you can create a plugin that makes a webpage and allow as many severs, as you want to connect to it. To transfer an item a player uses a command and his item is sent to the webpage and removed from his inventory, then he pick the other server he wants to send it to and does so. The only flaw was that damage values where not transferable. However due to factors the plugin was not fully developed.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

And your point is?

4. Offline

MineGoldX

I was having posting problems, I keep getting a script frailer message if I have the posting box open for more that 2min. I added the reset of the message.The solution I posted only requires bukket

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@MineGoldX You can also serialize the itemstack and put it in a database. Remove the item from the player.
    Player joins other server.
    Deserialize the item, give it to the player, remove it from the database.

6. Offline

Jaackk

What @timtower said :D

- I also updated the main post so that it's not important the scrolls can't be crafted by crafting paper and renaming them (if it ever happened to look like an issue)

- However, it is important that the scrolls execute the commands as soon as the player logs into the relevant server.

It would also be cool if the items were not droppable or movable in the players inventory in the hub meaning they cannot loose it and can only remove it by logging into the relevant server which will instantly redeem it.

Many thanks :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.