Transferring from Desktop to Website

Discussion in 'General Help' started by PoochieMoo, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PoochieMoo

Hello! I have a quick question: How can I transfer the server running on my desktop to a website? I want to know because I have to constantly turn on the server when someone wants to play on it and a website host is much safer. I also have a lot of plugins running on the server, and starting over is not an option because of how much is already built on the server. I would also want to do this for free. Thanks in advance!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@PoochieMoo Hosts have the ability to transfer files with FTP,you just need am FTP client, then you can move your server.

3. Offline

PoochieMoo

What is an FTP client?

4. Online

5. Offline

PoochieMoo

I downlaoded the FTP client, so what do I do now? @timtower

6. Online

@PoochieMoo You connect to the server, and you transfer the files.

7. Offline

PoochieMoo

How do I transfer the files? Sorry, I'm really new at all this stuff @timtower

8. Online

9. Offline

PoochieMoo

I downloaded FireZilla and I found the username, password, port, and server name from the host website. I entered it in correctly, it said it was successful, but when I go on to the server, it is just some random world and none of my plugins are there! Please help! Also, I selected the server folder from my desktop and it shows it in the right side that that's is the file I chose, so I know I selected the right file. @timtower

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.