[TP] Wormhole X-Treme - Multi-World capable Stargates - Moved to BukkitDev!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lycano, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lycano

Wormhole X-Treme v1.016
    Multi-World capable Stargates for bukkit powered servers
    Craftbukkit 1846

This project has been moved to BukkitDev
    Please visit the new project page on BukkitDev http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/wormhole_x-treme/

Project moved to BukkitDev

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

Sarono

I want to suggest making it possible to place IDC protection to Dial Sign Gates. Would make the gates easier to use and protect in my opinion.

3. Offline

Rikaelus

Yo, would like to suggest an option to kick the player back if they try to enter a wormhole going to a world they don't have access to. I figure there's a way to detect this since the player doesn't actually change locations. In my case the teleport is being denied by Multiverse.

It also seems the Welcome message is sent pre-teleport, so if the teleport is denied, the player is spammed with the Welcome message so long as they're in the event horizon.

Doubt these would be high priority or anything, but thought I'd mention them all the same.

Hmm, on another matter...
    I'm not clear on how permissions work. While Multiverse might reject unauthorized teleports through wormholes, I'd like to prevent dialing for those not authorized, too. I'm using PermissionsBukkit which, per a prior comment in this thread, seems like it should work?

But even with...
    Code:
    15:52:22 [INFO] Node wormhole.simple.build=false (PermissionsBukkit)
    15:52:22 [INFO] Node wormhole.simple.config=false (PermissionsBukkit)
    15:52:22 [INFO] Node wormhole.simple.remove=false (PermissionsBukkit)
    15:52:22 [INFO] Node wormhole.simple.use=false (PermissionsBukkit)
    ... my character is still able to dial.

My Settings file has:
    BUILT_IN_PERMISSIONS_ENABLED: False
    PERMISSIONS_SUPPORT_DISABLE: False
    SIMPLE_PERMISSIONS: True

I think that should make WormholeXtreme work off the wormhole.simple.* nodes, no?

P.S. I'm trying to switch from MultiVerse to WXW, but it doesn't look like WXW has per-world permissions to fall back on, so it'll be all the more important to get these working right here...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  4. Offline

Lightwave

Hate to add to the broken records, but do you have any estimate on when this will be updated for 1.0?

5. Offline

Rikaelus

Okay, so...
    Maybe I figured out what's wrong, but unfortunately that doesn't lead to a fix on my end.

Looking through the WX code, Complex Permissions relies on the "Permissions" plugin (by nijiko?) that isn't included in the WX download, and also isn't maintained. So... it seems like there's no "current" support for Complex Permissions? =/

It seems like the new API built into Bukkit to get global permission nodes should be something that can be added into WX code relatively easy, maybe only if the older Permissions plugin isn't found; calls as simple as: player.hasPermission("my.plugins.permission"), according to the FAQ.

Any chance we can get this added? My server setup is at a standstill until I can secure access to the different worlds, and I'd really rather not go back to MultiVerse in order to do so.

It's probably just good sense to add it, anyway, so complex permission schemas aren't dependent upon discontinued third-party source code. I can try to help update the code but my practical Java experience is lacking. On the other hand... this might give me an excuse to get some practical experience...

P.S. Actually, it looks like even Simple Permissions are dependent upon that inactive Permissions plugin, so there's no current support for anything more than op-/non-op- based access rights. =/

6. Offline

Giuseppe

hello,
    can you maybe make a generator that draw a gate or he builds and then integrates this

my englisch is Shit sorry
    mein englisch ist scheiße dass weis ich selbst wenn einer da ist der deutsch kann bitte einfach nochmal richtig rein schreiben
    hallo,
    kannst du vielleicht einen Generator machen dass man ein gate zeichnet oder baut und er dann dies einbindet

7. Offline

lycano

@Rikaelus yes your are right, you need the Compatiblity layer from PEX (Plus Permissions.jar) too. Then everything should work. There is no native bukkit superperms support in this version available cause PEX can handle it by itself.

@Giuseppe well i did understand it at least ;) Yes this is something im working on ... live preview mode. Creating Shapes ingame. But this is a bit complex and can take some time.

-- German --
    Ich habs zumindest verstanden ;) Zufälligerweise arbeite ich schon länger an solch einer Lösung. Leider ist das System dahinter recht komplex und auch tief im System verankert, so das man es nicht einfach so austauschen kann. Könnte also dauern, bis das drin is.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Rikaelus

I guess that'll work, then. I was hoping to use PermissionsBukkit since it seems to be officially endorsed by the Bukkit devs, but PEX seems to work for all the plugins I'm using.

A mention or link to PEX in the main post might be beneficial, since "Permissions" alone is non-specific and if you take it to mean the "Permissions" plugin, a search could lead to the now inactive plugin.

Thanks for the direction

9. Offline

Forecaster

I would really like if you could disable access to the Public network. Making it so users have to specify a network name according to permissions.

In a multi-world setup I'd like to have it so user built gates can only be used within the current world. Having a different internal network for each world.
    And one gate per world built by me is used to travel between worlds on a global network that only I can add gates to.

Currently, it seems access to the public network can't be controlled with permissions or settings.

Maybe there's a way to do this right now and I'm just missing it? I've tried setting negative network.use.Public and network.build.Public nodes but they seem to be ignored.

There is also a few typos in the message you get if you dial an already active gate.
    The message reads: "Target gate [name]is currently in use[username].
    It should read: "Target gate [name] is currently in use by [username].
    It's simply missing two spaces and a "by".

Thanks for maintaining this great plugin! I returned to it when the Stargate plugin died.

sorklin likes this.
  10. Offline

Giuseppe

11. Offline

lycano

Hi guys,

i've written down all your requests and see what i can do. But i will go off today and not return until 3rd January cause of Sylvester. So the only thing i can do currently is wish you a good start into the new year. Enjoy yourselfs! I will look into a new version at 3rd.

12. Offline

shauwk

stargate plugin didnt die, its on another website since the creator got banned from bukkit site. its at http://forum.thedgtl.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5
    --------------------
    anyways thanks for this awesome plugin!! but is there a way to make it so the gate is always open?

13. Offline

Forecaster

It died to me as the developer acted very rudely to people, and the reason he was banned, to bukkit staff.

I know it lives on outside of bukkit space, but I no longer want to use it.

I also happen to like this plugin more, the only feature that it lacks that I want is what I described above which I really hope will be implemented in the next version.

14. Offline

KingFlowy

Hey! Can you please help me with the Gate Shapes?! I dont get how to change it...
    I just want simple changes...
    1 Gate should be created with ores (iron,gold,lapis,etc.) not with obsidian
    and is it possible to put the dialer under the button? Not next to the button?

Thx 4 help

15. Offline

Giuseppe

16. Offline

lycano

@Giuseppe remove Essentials and replace it with CommandBook. Should work then. Also note that you should use PermissionsEX with Permissions.jar placed in your plugin folder ( if you dont already do ;) )

BTW Im back from holidays. Ill look into some issues posted this week.

17. Offline

chibi0

this is quite fun~
    i no longer have to worry about switching out my worlds
    keep this up XD

18. Offline

Giuseppe

not work :-(

19. Offline

WolfX

It seems that gate names conflict over multiple networks, gate "abc" on network "1" will not allow the construction of another gate "abc" on network "2". I am not sure exactly of the inner workings of the plugin, but I know that this should not be happening, as the gates are stored in sqlite. The problem could be circumvented easily by using both the network name and the gate name in the query, instead of just the gate name.
    Thanks

20. Offline

Sich

Hello,

Have you planned some iconomy support ? To add the ability to pay to use the gate ?
    Each time you activate or use the gate, your account is substract for x amount in iconomy.

21. Offline

lycano

@WolfX well, i didnt looked too much into the current DB handling as i assumed it does it's work as long as it will be redesigned when it comes to implementing an update manager ;)

Anyways speaking of gateNames .. they have to be unique regardless of the network name. Thats not because of "its sqlite" its because the table Stargates has a unique index key on Name. Network Name was added later so its not part of the index.

So yes you have to use unique GateNames across networks.

22. Offline

desht

Here's an odd one: with my wormhole network which has been around for months without any modifications, I've noticed that frequently now when I left or right click a sign on a sign dialled gate, the sign just instabreaks (doesn't drop a sign item) and any attempt to pull the lever results in errors like this in the server log:

Code:
    10:12:46 [WARNING] [WormholeXTreme] Could not get stargate 'primeworld' for player 'desht'
    10:12:55 [WARNING] Task of 'WormholeXTreme' generated an exception
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Sign
            at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.model.Stargate.dialSignClicked(Stargate.java:1902)
            at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.logic.StargateUpdateRunnable.run(StargateUpdateRunnable.java:122)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:493)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

And the gate isn't usable anymore.

I'm definitely not in creative mode, and not using any super pick axe plugins.

Then at some point not long after (a few seconds/minutes) the sign re-appears, but still isn't usable - it just breaks again if I try to click it.

23. Offline

RedAlex

Bukkit 1.0.0-R1
    2012-01-09 13:15:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to WormholeXTreme
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.handleGateActivationSwitch(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:273)
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.buttonLeverHit(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:74)
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.handlePlayerInteractEvent(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:330)
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:546)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:335)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:178)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:266)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:593)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:550)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    2012-01-09 13:15:34 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to WormholeXTreme
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.handleGateActivationSwitch(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:273)
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.buttonLeverHit(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:74)
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.handlePlayerInteractEvent(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:330)
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremePlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(WormholeXTremePlayerListener.java:546)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:335)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:178)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:266)
    2012-01-09 13:15:35 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to WormholeXTreme

2012-01-10 21:38:57 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme] Player: MasterAttila completed a wormhole: Sherwood2
    2012-01-10 21:38:58 [WARNING] [WormholeXTreme] Could not get stargate 'Sherwood2' for player 'MasterAttila'
    2012-01-10 21:39:04 [WARNING] Task of 'WormholeXTreme' generated an exception
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Sign
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.model.Stargate.dialSignClicked(Stargate.java:1902)
    at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.logic.StargateUpdateRunnable.run(StargateUpdateRunnable.java:122)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    2012-01-10 21:39:39 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme] Player: MasterAttila completed a wormhole: Sherwood2

24. Offline

Fox

Getting a lot of issues working with sign gates for some reason. Also, reload doesn't clear out old gates from the datatbase. I'm having to restart the server if a signed gate is destroyed to remove it from the dialing list.

I get this error when creating a signed dialing gate.

This is running the 1.011 and bukkit 1579

01:20:00 [WARNING] Task of 'WormholeXTreme' generated an exception

25. Offline

lycano

@Fox Well it isn't updated yet to work properly with 1.0 but i hope to fix this on this weekend.

26. Offline

WaferMouse

I realise priority goes to updating the plugin, but would there be any possibility of running a command on behalf of the player when they activate a gate? I plan to use a Spout plugin to make a GUI for dialling frequently used gates, and this would mean I could tie the two together nicely :)

27. Offline

rbos

Hope it's not too hard. :) Best plugin evar.

Fox likes this.
  28. Offline

MikeKoder

Hey lycano, can you add the ability to save the last state of a stargate? We restart our server once a day to maintain peak performance and that resets all the irises so we really need that feature for our server.

29. Offline

minerscentral

Does not wokr with 1.1 please update thanks

30. Offline

agivler

I'm running it on 1.1 with the Bukkit pre-release with no problems. I did run into a weird issue though. We've been building the portals with the sign system. So one of the people on my server created a portal with two names "Base Camp" but it ended up being in the wrong place and I want to remove it. We've removed the physical portal, but you can still travel to it and it shows on the network.
    And /wxremove will not remove it because it refuses to recognize a name with a space. Anyone know how to get around that?

31. Offline

Fox

I had a similar problem. In order to clear out destroyed gates from sign dial I had to restart the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.