[TP] World Portal - Create portals using signs, pressureplates, buttons and more

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Tim Visee, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

World Portal - Create portals using signs, pressureplates, buttons and more!
    The World Portal project page has been moved. Go to one of the two pages bellow to get to the World Portal project page, with the newest download available:​
    You can view the orriginal page in the spoiler bellow. It's highly recommended to visit one of the above sites, to view the up-to-date pages.
    Original Page (open)

World Portal is a really usefull and simple to use plugin to make portals in your server. Players could use the portals to teleport to another location or even to another world. This is also really usefull when you have a large server so players could go to other places them self really easy.
    With World Portal you could even generate and teleport to other worlds, very smootly with no problems. You could make portals using, buttons, pressureplates, switches and even more.
    World Portal is the ultimate solution for portals, and even for multi world mangement.

Official page (suggested): http://www.timvisee.com/projects/bukkit/world-portal/
    Bukkit DEV: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/world-portal/

Video:
    Video's (open)

This video was made by gotgot1995. Please notice that this is an out-dated version of world portal but works almost the same as shown in the video.

The video above was made by ThermalM16 which gives a great example of World Portal usage.

This video was made byVerioHD.

Features:
    • Teleport to other locations and world with signs, pressureplates, buttons and more
    • Easily create portals using a single command
    • Generate new worlds
    • Portal break protection
    • Forces chunks to load when a player teleports to it
    • Multiworld support
    • Permissions Support
    • And even a lot more!
    Upcomming features
    • Mark a place and give it a name so you could easily link portals to it.
    • Payment system for the portals so the user needs to pay to go through the portal (optional for every portal!)
    • Easily link two portals to each other
    • Add a optional delay to the portals to teleport after 3 secconds for example.
    • Command to create a new world.
    • Create portals of detector rails, so players could be teleported when they are riding in a minecart on a track.
    • The optional ability to show a message in the world where the player was teleported to that that player has joined that world.
    • The optional option that mobs could teleport through portals (using pressureplates for example)
    Player Commands
    Command actionCommandsPermission-node
    Create a World Portal/wp create
    /worldportal create
    worldportal.create
    Disable creation mode/wp createstop
    Remove World Portals/wp removeworldportal.remove
    Disable remove mode/wp removestop
    Teleport to another location or world /wp tp <world>
    /wp tp <world> <x> <z>
    /wp tp <world> <x> <y> <z>
    worldportal.teleport
    Get your status/wp info
    Save all World Portals/wp saveworldportal.save
    Reload the plugin/wp reloadworldportal.reload
    Get plugin info/wp vers
    /wp version

Download
    With the following links underneath you could download the World Portal plugin. With the first two links you could directly download the plugin. With the thirt link you'll go to the official download page where you could find all the download links and all the other versions of the plugin.
    World Portal 0.2.6 (hosted on dropbox.com)
    World Portal 0.2.6 (hosted on mediafire.com)
    All downloads and older versions (official download-page on timvisee.com)

Installation:
    1. Download the plugin
    2. Add the WorldPortal.jar file and the folder 'World Portal' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server. Also add the files inside the World Portal folder to the plugins/World Portal folder.
    3. Add the permission lines if you have a permissions system; (Look at the permissions paragraph underneeth)
    4. Start your server, and create your portals!

Possible World Portal objects:
    Object nameObject IDAction
    Sign63Click
    Wall sign68Click
    Stone pressureplate70Touching
    Wooden pressureplate70Touching
    Button77Click
    Lever69Switch

Permissions:

ActionPermission-nodeWithout permissions
    Teleport through World Portalsworldportal.usePlayer
    Create World Portalsworldportal.createOperator
    Remove World Portalsworldportal.removeOperator
    Teleport commandsworldportal.teleportOperator
    Save World Portalsworldportal.saveOperator
    Reload World Portalsworldportal.reloadOperator

Bugs
    There are currently no bugs found :D

Changelog:
    Version 0.2.6 (3-10-2011)
    • World Portal will now auto generate it's config files if they don't exist.
    • The CraftBukkit API has been updated
    • The PermissionsEx API has been updated
    • Some other minor bug fixes.
    Changelog (open)

Version 0.2.5 (9-8-2011)
    • Fixed the teleportation bugs
    • Fixed the permissions systems bugs
    • Fixed some other little bugs
    Version 0.2.4 (4-5-2011)
    • Fixed some little bugs
    Version 0.2.3 (16-3-2011)
    • Added Permissions System support for 'PermissionsEx' and 'PermissionsBukkit'
    • Fixed a little world generation bug!
    Version 0.2.2 (3-3-2011)
    • Fixed huge bug which disables the whole World Portal plugin
    Version 0.2.1 (29-2-2011)
    • Updated the event system of the plugin to the newest event system
    • Changed the 'permissions enabled' message
    • Added the command /wp ver as a shortcut to /wp version
    • Changed the /wp ver chat message
    Version 0.2 (12-2-2011)
    • Added a permission node which is needed to teleport thought portals.
    • Added the feature to set the looking direction for a portal while a player teleports through that portal.
    • Added the END world as an environment, so when you generate a world using World Portal it could be an END world.
    • Removed the SKYLANDS world environment, so you couldn't generate a skylands world anymore since the generation source was removed from minecraft.
    • The spamming entity error bug has been fixed, so no spamming entity bugs anymore!
    • 'Mooving too quickly' bug fixed!
    • Added a value 'here' as a location while creating a portal so you could easily link your portal to the place you're standing.
    • The file save and load system is a lot better and fixed. Now it should work fine, in the ealier version it happend sometimes that all the portal data was deleted by a save-file bug.
    • The plugin could load and save the portals a bit faster, also the whole plugin is cleaned up so the whole plugin should work faster too.
    • A lot of other annoying and stupid bugs are fixed!
    • And a lot more of features where added, removed or fixed!
    Version 0.1.1 (20-9-2011)
    • Fixed a chat message bug
    Version 0.1 (18-9-2011)
    • Plugin release
    Click here to see the full changelog

Suggestions, Ideas and bugs
    If you have a suggestion or an idea, please tell me and maybe I will add it to the plugin!
    If you found any bug please tell me I will add it to the bug list and fix it as fast as I can.

Donate
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins, I really like it if you give a donation!
    [​IMG]
    Big thanks to pomerinke who donated me €5.00!
    Big thanks to Jumla who donated me €5.00!

Attached Files:

2. Offline

FlareLine

Possible Error Find?
    Use of the command < /wp info > disables "Remove" mode.
    On execution of < /remove > , Disabling and Enabling of "Remove" mode works fine.
    Intended or Accidental?

FlareLine. :)

Tim Visee likes this.
  3. Offline

Tim Visee

Hey thanks, I probably accedentally did this. I'll fix this problem in a later update.

4. Offline

FlareLine

Np man, always good to help out someone who has helped you. :)
    Feel free to join our server when we get it up and running...
    www.avalona.x10.mx
    Thanks, Flare.

EDIT:

Bugtester? ;)

5. Offline

Tim Visee

Hey, Thank you for your reply.
    I'll defenitly check the server out today haha, if it's running already (If I didn't understood it the wrong way)

About bugtester, do you mean you want to be a bug tester or something? That would be cool, but, most of the time I won't ask bugtesters first to test the project, I just upload it when I tested it myself, but of course you could test the released versions ;)
    Maybe, later on I'll also release developement builds, you could defenitly test these ones.

6. Offline

FlareLine

Sounds good! Sorry the server isn't up yet... Like, we're still building it (It's a Tekkit server btw) so it won't be up for a little.
    I'll be happy to test any builds you can offer. Console, Command, S/C Mode & Bugs and ohter Things. I will basically try to 'Bug-Up' World Portal to your benefit. :p
    If you want to continue this PM me, as it's probably easier to send Messages.

7. Offline

Tim Visee

Well, I couldn't find the IP address on the site, so that's why haha. Anyhow, thanks for your interests.

8. Offline

MarkCashion

ok I have GroupManager as my permissions plugin & I can't find your permissions in the GroupManager files or any of the plugin files. Is GroupManager not compatible with WorldPortal for permissions???Or am I blind & keep on missing it???Or do I have to add the permissions myself???

9. Offline

Tim Visee

Do you have Essentials group manager? or just Group Manager?
    Group Manager isn't supported anymore. It's outdated and doesn't work properly anymore... Sorry.

10. Offline

MarkCashion

Essentials group manager But i think i got it now. I just need to add it manually

11. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok great!

12. Offline

MarkCashion

Yeah it was a pain but i found out how to do it

Tim Visee likes this.
  13. Offline

FastScottie

... got my own server going on my pc... using Bukkit... ran across your plugin and it is exactly what I need for me and my friends! I am running MC 1.4.6. Installed World Portal. The problem is that it works, sort of... it tells me it's enabled when I /wp create BUT nothing happens when I right click. Am I completely missing something here? I see that these posts are old, could it be that WP won't work with 1.4.6? I'm sure it's something easy. Please let me know. Thanks!

I should be more specific: It works but I can't seem to figure out how to use a pressure plate. My plan requires the use of pressure plates. The plugin is awesome I might add!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  14. Offline

dispereo

Hey Tim,
    is there a plan for a WP update so the wooden buttons can be used too?
    Philippe

15. Offline

dispereo

I enter /wp create and then I do a right-click on the pressure plate. However I had to have my hands empty, otherwise it wouldn't do it. Both pressure plates worked fine, wood and stone. I saw somewhere that pressure plates might be buggy, not sure if that's still the case though. That was quite some time ago.

16. Offline

FastScottie

Thanks! Will give it a try now.....

ok, i can link the pressure plate BUT it just TP's me right back. I think it might be because you never step off the plate.... makes a continuous loop... any suggestions?

OK. I put the plate at the bottom of a 2 block hole. It works! I stay were I was to TP to. This works out great because my plans require that you step into a hole and "fall" into the place you want to go. Too bad you can't just walk onto the plate. Thanks for your help dispereo... hopes these threads help someone else!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

Tim Visee

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply. I'm very busy. I'm currently working on a 1.4.6 patch. I'm working on a huge plugin called 'SafeCreeper' for example, I have to finish a few websites and things like that, that's what makes me busy :(. Anyhow, I hope I'm able to release a patch today. You'll be notified in game (update checker) once the update is available. It should be available on this page by then.

About the problem that you have to right click with your hand, I'll take a look at this.

About the problem that it teleports you right back, that's caused by Creative Mode, once you turn it off it won't happen anymore. This issue is caused by Bukkit itself, sadly, and I didn't found a way yet to fix this.

Wooden buttons will be added in the patch/update.

Hope this helps,
    Tim Visée

18. Offline

FastScottie

Thanks Tim! I've got everything working now. My plans are going fully operational! Your plugin is awesome! On my server we have a "home base" and I built a teleport room to take us to where ever we want to go (ie each person's homestead). You step in the room, the lights flash in sequence, you step into the appropriate hole and poof! What I really like is that it works for everybody else. They don't have to install CraftBukkit OR your plugin. Since I'm the server owner.....
    I'm going to check out everything else you have done, I'm very impressed!

about the right-clicking thing. Like dispereo said, you have to have an empty hand and you activate by using the "use". Not right-clicking. Unless you have your controls set up so right click IS use. lol
    Perhaps just a re-wording of that would help since everybody sets up their controls differently.

19. Offline

Tim Visee

Hi,

Thank you, your room should be awesome!
    Btw, about my plugins. You should really check 'SafeCreeper' out, it can block creeper,s enderman, ghasts from destroying, give mobs equipment, give mobs effect, and you can control almost EVERYTHING about mobs. You can even make sheeps burb when they eat grass (with burp sound), or you can make zombies revieve other zombies which died. etc.

Tim Visée

I know what the problem is, I had it in a other plugin of mine too.

Sadly, I'm going away now for a little while. I hope I could finish World Portal in the evening, to release the patch/update.

Tim Visée

20. Offline

Tim Visee

Hi,

Here I have a dev build of 0.2. 7, the new version of World Portal, for Bukkit-1.4.6-R0.1. This version is compatible with wooden buttons, these wooden buttons CAN be trigered using arrows or fishingrods for example!

Please note that the bug with portal selecting, and teleporting ins creative isn't fixed yet, this will be in the final release of 0.2.7. I've to go to bed now, thats why I release this snapshot.

Download: http://d.pr/f/scth

Tim Visée

dispereo likes this.
  21. Offline

dispereo

Funny you're saying that, I had the same issues with buttons, but only if I put the port destination right in front of another button. The chances were 50/50 that after clicking the teleport button, that I also activated the teleport button at the destination. Therefore i started to have some sort of teleporter rooms where I always arrive and then have to walk somewhere first to activate other buttons. However I wouldn't know why that's happening when you step on a pressure plate.

Thank you Tim, this is much appreciated. Good luck with your other projects! :)

22. Offline

Tim Visee

Strange things happend to the Bukkit teleportation system these days :mad:

23. Offline

imPikeh

does it work for 1.4.7?

24. Offline

Tim Visee

Yes it does :)

25. Offline

MrEagleCraft

please can some one help me please i want to make a portal that take me to another world i tried /wp create and /worldportal create then i selected perssure plate then i type the world name and the coordinates and it took me to a flat world do please

26. Offline

ItsHarzy

Hi Do you know how I could restrict players going through certain portals?
    I have the permission worldportal.use.* and yet players still aren't able to access any portals. However when I use the permission worldportal.* they are able to access every portal. Any help? thanks :)