[TP] World Portal - Create portals using signs, pressureplates, buttons and more

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Tim Visee, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

World Portal - Create portals using signs, pressureplates, buttons and more!
    The World Portal project page has been moved. Go to one of the two pages bellow to get to the World Portal project page, with the newest download available:​
    You can view the orriginal page in the spoiler bellow. It's highly recommended to visit one of the above sites, to view the up-to-date pages.
    Original Page (open)

World Portal is a really usefull and simple to use plugin to make portals in your server. Players could use the portals to teleport to another location or even to another world. This is also really usefull when you have a large server so players could go to other places them self really easy.
    With World Portal you could even generate and teleport to other worlds, very smootly with no problems. You could make portals using, buttons, pressureplates, switches and even more.
    World Portal is the ultimate solution for portals, and even for multi world mangement.

Official page (suggested): http://www.timvisee.com/projects/bukkit/world-portal/
    Bukkit DEV: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/world-portal/

Video:
    Video's (open)

This video was made by gotgot1995. Please notice that this is an out-dated version of world portal but works almost the same as shown in the video.

The video above was made by ThermalM16 which gives a great example of World Portal usage.

This video was made byVerioHD.

Features:
    • Teleport to other locations and world with signs, pressureplates, buttons and more
    • Easily create portals using a single command
    • Generate new worlds
    • Portal break protection
    • Forces chunks to load when a player teleports to it
    • Multiworld support
    • Permissions Support
    • And even a lot more!
    Upcomming features
    • Mark a place and give it a name so you could easily link portals to it.
    • Payment system for the portals so the user needs to pay to go through the portal (optional for every portal!)
    • Easily link two portals to each other
    • Add a optional delay to the portals to teleport after 3 secconds for example.
    • Command to create a new world.
    • Create portals of detector rails, so players could be teleported when they are riding in a minecart on a track.
    • The optional ability to show a message in the world where the player was teleported to that that player has joined that world.
    • The optional option that mobs could teleport through portals (using pressureplates for example)
    Player Commands
    Command actionCommandsPermission-node
    Create a World Portal/wp create
    /worldportal create
    worldportal.create
    Disable creation mode/wp createstop
    Remove World Portals/wp removeworldportal.remove
    Disable remove mode/wp removestop
    Teleport to another location or world /wp tp <world>
    /wp tp <world> <x> <z>
    /wp tp <world> <x> <y> <z>
    worldportal.teleport
    Get your status/wp info
    Save all World Portals/wp saveworldportal.save
    Reload the plugin/wp reloadworldportal.reload
    Get plugin info/wp vers
    /wp version

Download
    With the following links underneath you could download the World Portal plugin. With the first two links you could directly download the plugin. With the thirt link you'll go to the official download page where you could find all the download links and all the other versions of the plugin.
    World Portal 0.2.6 (hosted on dropbox.com)
    World Portal 0.2.6 (hosted on mediafire.com)
    All downloads and older versions (official download-page on timvisee.com)

Installation:
    1. Download the plugin
    2. Add the WorldPortal.jar file and the folder 'World Portal' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server. Also add the files inside the World Portal folder to the plugins/World Portal folder.
    3. Add the permission lines if you have a permissions system; (Look at the permissions paragraph underneeth)
    4. Start your server, and create your portals!

Possible World Portal objects:
    Object nameObject IDAction
    Sign63Click
    Wall sign68Click
    Stone pressureplate70Touching
    Wooden pressureplate70Touching
    Button77Click
    Lever69Switch

Permissions:

ActionPermission-nodeWithout permissions
    Teleport through World Portalsworldportal.usePlayer
    Create World Portalsworldportal.createOperator
    Remove World Portalsworldportal.removeOperator
    Teleport commandsworldportal.teleportOperator
    Save World Portalsworldportal.saveOperator
    Reload World Portalsworldportal.reloadOperator

Bugs
    There are currently no bugs found :D

Changelog:
    Version 0.2.6 (3-10-2011)
    • World Portal will now auto generate it's config files if they don't exist.
    • The CraftBukkit API has been updated
    • The PermissionsEx API has been updated
    • Some other minor bug fixes.
    Changelog (open)

Version 0.2.5 (9-8-2011)
    • Fixed the teleportation bugs
    • Fixed the permissions systems bugs
    • Fixed some other little bugs
    Version 0.2.4 (4-5-2011)
    • Fixed some little bugs
    Version 0.2.3 (16-3-2011)
    • Added Permissions System support for 'PermissionsEx' and 'PermissionsBukkit'
    • Fixed a little world generation bug!
    Version 0.2.2 (3-3-2011)
    • Fixed huge bug which disables the whole World Portal plugin
    Version 0.2.1 (29-2-2011)
    • Updated the event system of the plugin to the newest event system
    • Changed the 'permissions enabled' message
    • Added the command /wp ver as a shortcut to /wp version
    • Changed the /wp ver chat message
    Version 0.2 (12-2-2011)
    • Added a permission node which is needed to teleport thought portals.
    • Added the feature to set the looking direction for a portal while a player teleports through that portal.
    • Added the END world as an environment, so when you generate a world using World Portal it could be an END world.
    • Removed the SKYLANDS world environment, so you couldn't generate a skylands world anymore since the generation source was removed from minecraft.
    • The spamming entity error bug has been fixed, so no spamming entity bugs anymore!
    • 'Mooving too quickly' bug fixed!
    • Added a value 'here' as a location while creating a portal so you could easily link your portal to the place you're standing.
    • The file save and load system is a lot better and fixed. Now it should work fine, in the ealier version it happend sometimes that all the portal data was deleted by a save-file bug.
    • The plugin could load and save the portals a bit faster, also the whole plugin is cleaned up so the whole plugin should work faster too.
    • A lot of other annoying and stupid bugs are fixed!
    • And a lot more of features where added, removed or fixed!
    Version 0.1.1 (20-9-2011)
    • Fixed a chat message bug
    Version 0.1 (18-9-2011)
    • Plugin release
    Click here to see the full changelog

Suggestions, Ideas and bugs
    If you have a suggestion or an idea, please tell me and maybe I will add it to the plugin!
    If you found any bug please tell me I will add it to the bug list and fix it as fast as I can.

Donate
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins, I really like it if you give a donation!
    [​IMG]
    Big thanks to pomerinke who donated me €5.00!
    Big thanks to Jumla who donated me €5.00!

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks for noting! I think I already fixed this issue in the version I'm working on but I'll check it anyway.

Do you still have this problem with the newest CraftBukkit version? Btw, in the upcomming version there will be an feature available to preload worlds on startup, that will fix it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  3. Offline

cosmicutopia

Hi Tim, thanks for this great plugin. I'm attempting to use it on my 1.3.1 server and I get spammed errors saying that Essentials generated an exception. I understand the plugin is still 1.2.5. Just letting you know, I'll post the errors in a little bit.

4. Offline

WhiteWingDevil

Heya Tim, I'm starting up my new server late next week, mind if I ask how the development is going on the new version? I've been looking forward to it for ages, I know this is a hobby for you, so I'm not trying to bug you or anything, just curious.

5. Offline

Tim Visee

Essentails always causes problems like this with other plugins, btw I also really hate Essentials. Anyhow, I'll try to fix this in the upcomming version.

Actually I can't say how long I think it is going to take anymore, sorry. But I hope I'm able to release it soon. I think I just tried to add too much functions in it at once.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

WhiteWingDevil

Touch of the old feature creep eh? No worries. Whenever it's done it'll be fantastic!

7. Offline

Mexoher

are it only bugged for me whit pressureplates ?? when i have done a portal whit a pressureplate and im gona use it its like i was teleported but im still on the pressureplate :S please help

8. Offline

maeries

same problem here. how did you fixed it?

9. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks, today I didn't worked on it, but what I did is I updated one of the old versions, this version will work with 1.3.2 and most issues are fixed, this is just a temporary version to fix al the teleportation bugs and things. I'll release it tomorrow! Please note that this version doesn't contain all the new stuff, it's just a temporary update.

Sorry guys, I don't know what happend. Like I said in my previous post I'll release a temporary update tomorrow, this is just a small update of the old version to fix most issues. This version woudn't contain all the new stuff I'm adding thought.

10. Offline

Tim Visee

UPDATE 0.2.5 - Little bugs fixed. Minecraft 1.3.2
    I released a new version of World Portal, World Portal 0.2.5. There are only a few bugs fixed, and World Portal does have fully support for minecraft 1.3.1servers now. This is just a little update, it doesn't contain all the planned stuff yet. It is just a temporary update, to fix all the teleportation and permissions problems on every 1.3.1 server.​

I just released a little update. This update will fix the teleportation problems in 1.3. It also fixes some permissions problems and a few other little bugs. This version doesn't contain all the planned stuff yet, since it's a temporary update.

Download: http://www.timvisee.com/projects/bukkit/world-portal/downloads/

11. Offline

dj2901

Hey, I can work everything except from pressure plates, when I use pressure plates it doesn't spawn me where I want it to, usually underground or out in the open. How can I use a pressureplate so that it works normally like a signpost? I need help, baddd :(

12. Offline

Tim Visee

Hmm, I thought this problem would be fixed.. Could you check if the same happends to users who arent admin/moderator?

13. Offline

dj2901

no it doesn't just when you are opped is the only time this happens.. :( just checked :)

14. Offline

Tim Visee

I do think I know what the problem is, but how I've to fix it.. Does the server say '...Moved to quickly...' in the console?

15. Offline

dj2901

no, it's now only when I am in creative mode that it does this..

16. Offline

BlackVectom

I really need your help on this one. I have searched the internet for a hour or so and i can't find this. The problem is that nothing happens when i press the button to teleport, it doesn't work with the other ones either. When i start up my server it says that the plugins\World Portal\World Portals.list not found then i tried creating it in there but nothing was better now! Can you please help because i don't know how to get this to work.

17. Offline

Tim Visee

I just discovered this same problem. I tried for about 4 hours to fix this problem, in every possible way but I can't get it to work. The only fix I can think of is to set the players creative mode to survival mode, teleport him and set it back again.
    The thing I'm still sure of is that it's only with pressure plates.

At first update the plugin to the lastest version (You probably already did). Then make sure you also copy the folder inside the downloaded .zip file into your ../plugins folder. Then restart your server, does it work now? If it doesn't could you please send me your craftbukkit version info (/version in the console)

18. Offline

FritzHugo3

Hi Tim Visee, i have the same problem with "File 'plugins\World Portal\World Portals.list' not found"
    Wenn i download youre file its only a .jar not a .zip-file!!!
    I can also only put the World Portal 0.2.5.jar into the "/plugins".
    Normaly by all other plugins that i know, this is the usual way. Than start server and the plugin create a new ordner like WorldPortal and here is the portal.list.

Can you help me please?

(temporary its fine, but when im log out all teleports are away, nothing saves. /wp save say he saved but he doesnt.)

Ok. I have in google searched for WorldPortal.zip and find an older version with worldportal, i have only put the ordner "World Portal" in the /plugins and it works all fine.

I think its working than you make a new ordner with name "World Portal" and inside a new (complete empty) file with name World Portals.list and start the server.

Tim Visee, please fix the downloadlinks (jar/zip)

19. Offline

Tim Visee

Hello, yes I really hate bukkit now because they keep modifiing my files every time, that will break the file. Please download the newest .zip file from my website:
    http://www.timvisee.com/projects/bukkit/world-portal/downloads/

Then copy both the .jar and the folder into your servers plugin folder, and it should work again.

UPDATE 0.2.6 - Little updates. Fixed problem most people had.
    I released a new version of World Portal, World Portal 0.2.6. There are only a few bugs fixed, and one of the most important things is fixed now. Most people had problems installing World Portal the right way because of it's config files. Now it will finally generate it''s own config files if the don't exists. This will fix a problem a lot of users had. This is just a little update, it doesn't contain all the planned stuff yet.​

20. Offline

pr0xyhacker

I have a problem with the newest bukkit release that all portals will say "[WorldPortal] You dont have permissions to use this portal!". I am an OP myself and it still says this and I have given the permissions node to my default rank.
    Thanks

21. Offline

Tim Visee

What permissions system are you using? (Could you please also give me it's version number, maybe the link and the version number of Bukkit using the command /version)

22. Offline

pr0xyhacker

/version is 1.3.2 R1.0 and permissions plugin is PermissionsEx. Its really weird it says I dont have permissions and Im an OP. The server IP is dustinmc.no-ip.org if u wanted to see it in action. Thanks

23. Offline

Tim Visee

Could you please also give me the version number of PermissionsEx (user the command /pex version)

24. Offline

Sycholic

The plugin is just a slight bit buggy on R1.0-B2377. PeX version 1.19.3

Bug:
    /gamemode 1 and use the portal (got a pressure plates set up) end up popping out of another 'outgoing trigger/portal' near the others placed out. ie I dont go to my destination but to another pressure plate near this one.

/gamemode 0 and poof they working as intended.

not sure if it was reported it not since didnt see any bugs listed... other then that its nice simple and straight forward.

Suggestion:
    Include the other command in help far as I can see only /wp is listed and /wp ? does nothing.

Addendum after looking back on more posts about PeX issues:

I had issues with pex as well...but.. and Im hoping this isnt a big issue.. because Im totally new to the perms thing and its for a OP.

/pex group Admins add *

on-top of my only entry: permissions.* then all the commands worked.

25. Offline

Tim Visee

Hello,

Well the creative teleportation fail was already reported haha, by more than 100 people. Everytime I'm trying to write a fix for it, but now I can't find any solution. I'm very sorry for it.
    About the suggestion, I've to say the following:
    I'm fully rewriting the whole plugin, it takes a LOT of time! But the upcomming big update will include everything you can imagine. Even portal cooldown, mutliple inventory's, a lot of new commands, ability to give one specific portal an additional permission node and WAY MORE. In this version there's a HUGE help command system thing with a lot of explanation and things, so that will be fine haha.

About the permissions, I don't fully understand what you meant, but don't you just mean the '*' permission node.

26. Offline

Sycholic

Heh I figured as much it was reported but thanks for the reply...but dont get me wrong after finally able to get it right Im loving it also was anything reported about 'direction' either not working as intended either?
    but back on subject about the perms... and dont worry its likely just me not understanding the whole perms system for this game yet (as others dont have any included permission nodes either) but the list.txt file should give an idea of what I was refering to. (I hope)

Attached Files:

27. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok, thanks for the reply.

28. Offline

Zigz1

Sucks... Very buggy, which makes me kinda unable to have multiworlds right now, which I need. Ya know, I need to build the map for my server and there would be tons of building if it's about the farms and region-claiming places. When I teleport through the portals, it takes me to a random place on the map instead of the original spawn on the map.

29. Offline

Tim Visee

There currently is only one bug, which is caused by bukkit it self, so I'm not able to fix it yes. It's this randomteleport destination, it is only caused when you teleport in creative mode with a pressure plate, it doesn't happen with other objects or game modes. Also, you can fix it when you make a 1 depth hole and put the pressure plate in there.

30. Offline

Zigz1

Oh, thanks, I was afraid it'd happen to the players on survival. Now I know why.

Tim Visee likes this.
  31. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok NP. I'm still hardly trying to fix it thought.