[TP] World Portal - Create portals using signs, pressureplates, buttons and more

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Tim Visee, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

World Portal - Create portals using signs, pressureplates, buttons and more!
    The World Portal project page has been moved. Go to one of the two pages bellow to get to the World Portal project page, with the newest download available:​
    You can view the orriginal page in the spoiler bellow. It's highly recommended to visit one of the above sites, to view the up-to-date pages.
    Original Page (open)

World Portal is a really usefull and simple to use plugin to make portals in your server. Players could use the portals to teleport to another location or even to another world. This is also really usefull when you have a large server so players could go to other places them self really easy.
    With World Portal you could even generate and teleport to other worlds, very smootly with no problems. You could make portals using, buttons, pressureplates, switches and even more.
    World Portal is the ultimate solution for portals, and even for multi world mangement.

Official page (suggested): http://www.timvisee.com/projects/bukkit/world-portal/
    Bukkit DEV: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/world-portal/

Video:
    Video's (open)

This video was made by gotgot1995. Please notice that this is an out-dated version of world portal but works almost the same as shown in the video.

The video above was made by ThermalM16 which gives a great example of World Portal usage.

This video was made byVerioHD.

Features:
    • Teleport to other locations and world with signs, pressureplates, buttons and more
    • Easily create portals using a single command
    • Generate new worlds
    • Portal break protection
    • Forces chunks to load when a player teleports to it
    • Multiworld support
    • Permissions Support
    • And even a lot more!
    Upcomming features
    • Mark a place and give it a name so you could easily link portals to it.
    • Payment system for the portals so the user needs to pay to go through the portal (optional for every portal!)
    • Easily link two portals to each other
    • Add a optional delay to the portals to teleport after 3 secconds for example.
    • Command to create a new world.
    • Create portals of detector rails, so players could be teleported when they are riding in a minecart on a track.
    • The optional ability to show a message in the world where the player was teleported to that that player has joined that world.
    • The optional option that mobs could teleport through portals (using pressureplates for example)
    Player Commands
    Command actionCommandsPermission-node
    Create a World Portal/wp create
    /worldportal create
    worldportal.create
    Disable creation mode/wp createstop
    Remove World Portals/wp removeworldportal.remove
    Disable remove mode/wp removestop
    Teleport to another location or world /wp tp <world>
    /wp tp <world> <x> <z>
    /wp tp <world> <x> <y> <z>
    worldportal.teleport
    Get your status/wp info
    Save all World Portals/wp saveworldportal.save
    Reload the plugin/wp reloadworldportal.reload
    Get plugin info/wp vers
    /wp version

Download
    With the following links underneath you could download the World Portal plugin. With the first two links you could directly download the plugin. With the thirt link you'll go to the official download page where you could find all the download links and all the other versions of the plugin.
    World Portal 0.2.6 (hosted on dropbox.com)
    World Portal 0.2.6 (hosted on mediafire.com)
    All downloads and older versions (official download-page on timvisee.com)

Installation:
    1. Download the plugin
    2. Add the WorldPortal.jar file and the folder 'World Portal' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server. Also add the files inside the World Portal folder to the plugins/World Portal folder.
    3. Add the permission lines if you have a permissions system; (Look at the permissions paragraph underneeth)
    4. Start your server, and create your portals!

Possible World Portal objects:
    Object nameObject IDAction
    Sign63Click
    Wall sign68Click
    Stone pressureplate70Touching
    Wooden pressureplate70Touching
    Button77Click
    Lever69Switch

Permissions:

ActionPermission-nodeWithout permissions
    Teleport through World Portalsworldportal.usePlayer
    Create World Portalsworldportal.createOperator
    Remove World Portalsworldportal.removeOperator
    Teleport commandsworldportal.teleportOperator
    Save World Portalsworldportal.saveOperator
    Reload World Portalsworldportal.reloadOperator

Bugs
    There are currently no bugs found :D

Changelog:
    Version 0.2.6 (3-10-2011)
    • World Portal will now auto generate it's config files if they don't exist.
    • The CraftBukkit API has been updated
    • The PermissionsEx API has been updated
    • Some other minor bug fixes.
    Changelog (open)

Version 0.2.5 (9-8-2011)
    • Fixed the teleportation bugs
    • Fixed the permissions systems bugs
    • Fixed some other little bugs
    Version 0.2.4 (4-5-2011)
    • Fixed some little bugs
    Version 0.2.3 (16-3-2011)
    • Added Permissions System support for 'PermissionsEx' and 'PermissionsBukkit'
    • Fixed a little world generation bug!
    Version 0.2.2 (3-3-2011)
    • Fixed huge bug which disables the whole World Portal plugin
    Version 0.2.1 (29-2-2011)
    • Updated the event system of the plugin to the newest event system
    • Changed the 'permissions enabled' message
    • Added the command /wp ver as a shortcut to /wp version
    • Changed the /wp ver chat message
    Version 0.2 (12-2-2011)
    • Added a permission node which is needed to teleport thought portals.
    • Added the feature to set the looking direction for a portal while a player teleports through that portal.
    • Added the END world as an environment, so when you generate a world using World Portal it could be an END world.
    • Removed the SKYLANDS world environment, so you couldn't generate a skylands world anymore since the generation source was removed from minecraft.
    • The spamming entity error bug has been fixed, so no spamming entity bugs anymore!
    • 'Mooving too quickly' bug fixed!
    • Added a value 'here' as a location while creating a portal so you could easily link your portal to the place you're standing.
    • The file save and load system is a lot better and fixed. Now it should work fine, in the ealier version it happend sometimes that all the portal data was deleted by a save-file bug.
    • The plugin could load and save the portals a bit faster, also the whole plugin is cleaned up so the whole plugin should work faster too.
    • A lot of other annoying and stupid bugs are fixed!
    • And a lot more of features where added, removed or fixed!
    Version 0.1.1 (20-9-2011)
    • Fixed a chat message bug
    Version 0.1 (18-9-2011)
    • Plugin release
    Click here to see the full changelog

Suggestions, Ideas and bugs
    If you have a suggestion or an idea, please tell me and maybe I will add it to the plugin!
    If you found any bug please tell me I will add it to the bug list and fix it as fast as I can.

Donate
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins, I really like it if you give a donation!
    [​IMG]
    Big thanks to pomerinke who donated me €5.00!
    Big thanks to Jumla who donated me €5.00!

Attached Files:

2. Offline

kahlilnc

Nice ;D I have no use for it on my server but if I was still in control of the old one I would add this. Nice ALL IN ONE

Tim Visee likes this.
  3. Offline

Tim Visee

Thank you very much! :)

4. Offline

Tim Visee

I cleaned up the forum page a little bit and also added a few usefull things :). Im also going to make a video for the usage of the World Portal plugin.

5. Offline

Plague

tag me when stable CB for this is out

6. Offline

Tim Visee

It works with the stable 1060 version, so do I still need to wait for the new stable CB version is out, or do I need to change the CB version back to 1060?

7. Offline

Plague

if it works with latest stable, it's okay to release, changed

8. Offline

Tim Visee

Maybe going to add a function in the feature to teleport while opening/cloasing a door or trapdoor and things like that, some people may need it. If you have another idea for teleport object, tell me :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  9. Offline

Tim Visee

UPDATE 0.1.1 - Chat Message fix

The new version of World Portal is out. It's just a really small update wich contains a Chat message fix, it was just the message you can see while creating a new world portal. If you have World Portal already installed on your server you only need to update the WorldPortal.jar file, the config files are still the same.
    You can find the download in the first message of this thread

10. Offline

herghost

How about implementing one of the currency systems?

11. Offline

Tim Visee

Hmm, yes, Im probably going to add this in a newer version, maybe also that you can make World Portals with permissions and with costum messages

12. Offline

FatMagic

So I'm trying to do a "multi-world" thing for my SMP server with a few exceptions... I'm curious if your plugin will allow for what I'm trying to do:

- WORLD ONE: A standard vanilla survival world w/ the nether as usual. 100% Survival.
    - WORLD TWO: Create a 2nd world called "creative" that is just another generated standard map, but with Creative Mode turned on for everyone.
    - Inventory doesn't pass from world-to-world. But loads a different inventory when you pass through the portal.

Is this something your plugin can do? Or should I look to another plugin?

Thanks!

13. Offline

Tim Visee

That teleport thing works fine, this is one of the best plugins to do that I think. About that creative mode and the inventory, I havent a creative mode thing build in, you need to use another plugin for that, and im sure there's one wich can do this, that same thing for the inventory's, Im really sure there's another plugin to do that, but you must know there's no plugin with teleport functions AND that inventory/creative mode build in so I think you need to use 3 different plugins.
    I will try to add those features later, but I think that will take a long while, because I need to do a lot of things...

14. Offline

FatMagic

OK cool so you can pass from world one to world two without an issue. Excellent. It functions kinda like going from Survival World to Nether, right?

I'll check on the inventory locking/loading for each world. Thank s ;)

15. Offline

Tim Visee

This plugin is for teleportanion, so you can teleport to another world, like world2 or something, and of cource you can also teleport to the nether because in the server it's also a world file. You can even create a portal to the same world to a different coorinate, like spawn or so. So, yes, you can pass from one world to another without an issue :), so pass from a Survival World to Nether is also pobbible, just make a World Portal to the world 'world_nether'.
    Btw, one thing, currently there's a bukkit server bug, if you create a pressureplate, only with a pressureplate and you stand on it (if its an portal) you will be teleported and then will be kicked because it sais that you moved too fast, but if you make a 1x1 hole (1 depth is fine) it will work, I dont know why this happend, but yeah..
    Btw, I hope I answered your questions :)

Currently my router is broken, so I need to use Hamachi right now, if not I can show you how it works... if you want to, but then you need Hamachi :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

FatMagic

That's no problem, I run a home server so I can test it out there. I think this might do what I need! I will be testing with along with MultiInv (that will preserve inventories properly like I want). I plan on deploying this to my primary server after 1.9 releases - so I wanted to get testing for it now.

17. Offline

Tim Visee

k, if you need anymore help please tell me :). Oh and, if that MultiInv works, can you send me a message, that would be nais because I want to know if it works to help other people. If you post your answer in this thread, its fine.

18. Offline

FatMagic

Will do :)
    Will do!

19. Offline

Shizzlewacky

if a switch cannot be interacted with i.e. locked with some sort of permissions will this stop ppl using the tps ? also if a sign is locked with permissions to a single person will the tps work ? cause that would be nice :) just curious :)

Tim Visee likes this.
  20. Offline

Tim Visee

Yes I think so, Im REALLY sure! In my server I use World Guard protection and I have rights, so of cource it works for me, but some of my friends don't have rights to destroy the portal place, and they can teleport using the signs and pressureplates too!
    Also, if you flip a switch witch is a World Portal it will teleport you and DON'T flip it.. Just for protection :), so if you have redstone behind it, it wouldn't be powerd!
    So as I already said im REALLY sure it works with protected areas. I suggest to just test it, can you tell me if it works?

21. Offline

jis2507

I'm trying to get this plugin working on my server, however when I warp to soemwhere the chunk underneath the warp-to location does not load, unless I disconnect/re-connect to the server.

Is this a glitch, or something I haven't setup correctly?

22. Offline

rollingrobots

what is x y z

23. Offline

jis2507

-328 65 729
    ?

24. Offline

Tim Visee

No, In my and other server this works, maybe its another plugin or something that causes this problem
    Or you have a slow server.
    Are you teleporting to another world, or to another location in the same world, how far is that away?

Yes, when you create a World Portal you must select a loction in the world where the players teleport to. So you can choose from 'Spawn', '<x> <z>' and '<x> <y> <z>'. So when you link the portal to spawn, the players will be telelported to the spawn of that world, you can also set the teleport location to coordinates, so <x> <y> <z>, when you hit F3 you can see your current location... The <x> <z> are only 2 coordinates without the hight, when you use this the player will be teleported to the highest block on X, Z.
    If you don't know how to enter theese coordinates into the chat, just type;
    123 64 0
    Hope this helps?

25. Offline

rollingrobots

hey do you think you can come to my friends server and set the portals and tell us how to do it
    it would be a huge help i can private message you the ip

26. Offline

Tim Visee

Oh yes of course, great :p

Hmm, its probably better if I write a guide or something that tells everybody how to make them, or maybe a video...

27. Offline

TyrantKaiser

I am having a problem with mine. The portals work just fine when I make them, but if I close the server down and restart it, the portals stop working and I have to remake them. I also notice that in the server it says "File 'World Portals/World Portals.txt' not found". Not sure what this means.

28. Offline

Brother Dave

Is there a way we can control which direction the player faces after using a teleporter?

29. Offline

Tim Visee

Ah yes, I know whats wrong, and why this happend. There's an external file where the plugin will save the world portals while closing and load the portals from that file when the plugin starts. The plguin can't find the external file, so the plugin try's to save the portals but the plugin cant (just because the file doesn't exists).
    In the download of the plugin you'll find a folder called 'World Portal' you need to copy ALL the content to the server, the WorldPortal.jar doesn't generate default files. If you done that, you probably changed the World Portals external file path or something. Hope this helps, if not, just tell me.

No currently not, I also want that feature and Im adding it soon!

30. Offline

TyrantKaiser

It's still saying the same thing for some reason. There was 3 files in the folder, and the main file. I copied it just as it was, with the 3 files in the folder into the plugin folder and the WorldPortal file into the plugin folder also. Still says the file is missing though. Not sure what it is that doing it.
    I also took those files out of the folder and put them with the other plugins to see if that would work and it didn't.