[TP] mxRingplatform v1.2.2 - Travel in a stylish way [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mxE333xm, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Offline

theiking

Listen im just trying to keep the plugin simple. If it gets too complicated people will just close the tab and look for another teleportation plugin

2. Offline

theiking

Testing new version and I must say, pretty epic!

3. Offline

AngelEyez1976

can i have the new version to i got 2 minecraft server 1 to play end 1 for testing
    24/7 online

4. Offline

mxE333xm

Well, I'm afraid that isn't possible at the moment. I'm currently on vacation as you can read in the first post and due to that I haven't got the files here, and they're not uploaded at the moment. In about a week it'll be publicly released, as I get home then.

5. Offline

danmann

I don't want to rush you or anything but its been over 10 days now and I am really hoping that you will release the update soon.

6. Offline

mxE333xm

Yes, today I'm going to make a video, and release it ;)

7. Offline

danmann

Awsome!

8. Offline

mxE333xm

So, here is the new Version (with the old video, tommorow there will be a new one)

As this version now allows not only floor-up teleportation but travel the changes are that big, that you better read the first post again than get a giant changelog right here ;)

9. Offline

danmann

Feature suggestion:
    This idea is probably extremely difficult to make possible but I was thinking it would be very cool to make this plugin compatible with Movecraft.This way you can have starships with ringplatforms on them, like in the series.

Another feature suggestion is that when you use the command to create a ring platform it automatically creates the blocks of the ring platform shape. So basically it builds the ring platform for you instead of getting materials and placing them in the correct pattern.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  10. Offline

Elfsovereign

Here's an idea that would take a bit of effort, but ultimately save you energy in the long run. Why don't you have a section in this posting with custom animations you've made for people and a video showing what they look like? That way people would have an easier time of customizing your plugin, and people would also have a wider selection. I'm gonna try making an animation that's more true to the Stargate rings, since I'm also running a Stargate plugin on my server.

Specifically I think lots of people would like the option to convert to a most stargate-esque ring animation from what I've seen.

11. Offline

theiking

Well I know everyone is dying for a video showing them how to make them, until mxE uploads his video, Ill post mine. ( Ive been the tester for the plugin since the beginning and was even the one who suggested it be remade for bukkit.) This plugin far exceeds my expectations and what the old hMod plugin used to be.

I was actually going to suggest that to mx3 after he gets the stability factor done and is ready to add more features in, I was also going to suggest that if someone trys to use the platforms without another platform connected they would die.

The plugin used to do it like that, but in my opinion its better if you build the platform your self because you can choose what blocks you can use, plus for survival servers that have a no "hand out" rule im pretty sure admins wouldnt want players being able to /rp create test 0 0 (diamondshape)

I aggree with the stargate feel needed, as i run a group of servers called iKings Stargate Coalition. However I think the current animation suits the plugin because its not, truely stargate. People might see the plugin TOO stargateish if everything becomes true to the show.....

So without delay, my demonstration video. ( dont know why but the audio didnt record so i put music on it so it wasnt so painful to watch.) (not painful music either) (texture pack is a current project im working on. Its a work in progress, ive only got a few blocks to skin. yes ....its based on stargate)

12. Offline

Elfsovereign

Nice touch with the music I'm sure but that makes it so that anyone in Germany cannot watch the video. Could you do another video sans the music, or perhaps re record it so we can hear the audio?

13. Offline

theiking

Lol ill upload another version with more kinds of platform set up, as for the music goes, Germany really hates doctor who doesnt it. I have no clue why but fraps wont record my audio input anymore, or my audio gets stripped when i upload it.

OK so here it is, my updated video showing off the many uses of mxRingplatform

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  14. Offline

danmann

Well I was targeting this idea to help out Admins so they can make platforms quicker instead of spawning items like they would probably do. In fact, if this idea was implemented then there should be a permission node so only certain people can use the command, like Admins and Moderators.

15. Offline

theiking

Its an interesting idea, I dont think its really a hassle to make the platforms manually. It might help the lazier people but it seems redundant being as you can make the platform by hand as fast as you can type the command

16. Offline

danmann

True, the reason i suggested it is because i am lazy but i guess you're right it isn't a big deal to make it manually.

17. Offline

theiking

Normally id be all for automatic generation, like Wormhole xtreme but its not really much difference, in fact i think typing it out would be more of a hassle

18. Offline

Elfsovereign

Germany hates all manner of things which are fun. I'll check out the video when I have the time, so much to do at the moment!

19. Offline

Sphex

Could you update your repository please? I would like to translate into french :)

SpheX

20. Offline

Elfsovereign

I think 953 has broken this one, could you update it please? It's unbelievably helpful on my server.

21. Offline

mxE333xm

@Elfsovereign
    Of course I'll update it, I'm hardly working on it.
    @Sphex
    Yes, I'll update it with the next update.
    @theiking
    @danmann
    Well, the problem with that is that a automatic generation makes only sense with a standard-shape. But you can make a platform from any 5x5-Block quad, so the automatic generation makes in my opinion no sense.

22. Offline

StarHeaven07

Future Plans Suggestions, if they haven't been given or implemented:
    -The ability to set a teleporter to either a specific coordinate, a certian player, or another teleporter.
    -Group teleportation pads?
    -A random chance to botch up the teleport and send you somewhere else :3
    -The ability to activate the pad externally, and teleport the entity on the pad instead of yourself.
    --The ability to teleport other people to the pad. With a slim chance of grabbing the wrong one. Or a Creeper. :3

23. Offline

zaklampje

One thing, can you go down with it??

24. Offline

mxE333xm

Updated to current RB.
    Group teleportation is already in there.
    Repository is updated.
    Well, how do you imagine one should determine which player should be teleported? Via command or something else?

It is certain that this comes as soon as I find time to add it. It will be toggleable in a configuration-file.

I don't understand that really? May you explain it further?

25. Offline

LokiDarkfire

anyone else having an issue where all platforms are reset when you reload a server?

26. Offline

axlsjolund

This plugin makes me beyond happy.

I do second the activation of ring platform externally. As in not only can you access it by right-clicking on the platform while on it, but also rigging a switch with redstone, or button, that connects to the pad area (center block?). That way a user can send people off from a distance.

I know I can think of quite a few uses for it. Especially if there was an optional condition such as when a switch is present, clicking on platform does not activate. Or even set permissions for the two. One for activation via switch, the other for clicking on platform to activate. I have lots of ideas for something like that, but it's too much to type here.

But this is not a make or break thing. I don't need those additions to be happy. I love it as is personally. Great work!

27. Offline

mxE333xm

Strange. Do you have some additional Information like the console-log and a list of installed plugins and other helpful information that helps me to solve the problem?
    Of course the idea is very interesting. But the problem is that I've to include a scripting system or something like that to make that in a flexible way, what would result in a great decrease of usability. Actually to allow Redstoneactivation is something that I'll keep in mind for the next update ;)

28. Offline

axlsjolund

Awesome to hear. I actually had another idea while using them. Less feature, more authenticity.

Is there a way to create a temporary light source in the rings? So it gets brighter then dimmer as the rings come up/go down? I think it would be especially neat at night to see a little glow like that.

UPDATE:

Got this error. Now the platform won't work. Happened earlier. Only way to fix was use another platform elsewhere.

Code:
    17:27:32 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to mxRingplatform
    java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
            at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
            at de.yahoo.chrimarti7.mxRingplatform.mxRingplatformInstance.Teleport(mx
    RingplatformInstance.java:77)
            at de.yahoo.chrimarti7.mxRingplatform.mxRingplatformPlayerListener.onPla
    yerInteract(mxRingplatformPlayerListener.java:46)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:307)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:321)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEven
    t(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.j
    ava:210)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:552)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

29. Offline

mxE333xm

The bug you described is now fixed with the new Version 1.2.1.

The way to make the light sources is to edit the animation file so that glowstone appers in the mid of the platform. Just try it, if you don't succeed, tell me and you'll get an animation file that fits your needs ;)

30. Offline

axlsjolund

Updated to the new version. No noticeable issues so far. Tried a quick animation. I failed.probably due to lack of food. If you have one that'd be great. I had to restore mine to default.